Chapter 2: Telling mom

Avery

Darkness. That was all I saw. I couldn't feel, see, smell, hear anything.

'Come on Avery. Wake up.' A voice that popped out of nowhere said.

'Red? Is that you?' I asks curiously.

'Yupp. But you need to wake up.' She laughed.

'It would be nice if I could.' I snapped a little harsher than I meant too. 'Sorry.'

'It's fine hun. Just try to focus.'

I tried to focus on opening my eyes and seeing Lilly right there.

"....Very? ...Ke up." I heard a soft voice say. I felt something squeeze my hand and I tried to move my fingers, but all I could get was a little twitch. "....Ase."

When I felt something wet hit my cheeks, my eyes snapped open and I saw Lilly crying. I immediately jumped up and pulled her into me. "I'm right here Lilly."

"I'm sorry f-for crying Avery. It's just...yo-you passed out. A-and I got scared." She sobbed into my neck.

"Hey hey. It's okay. I think I just passed out from the weird feeling or the fact that a fox spirit just went into me." I laughed.

She giggled and looked at me with those big green eyes. "I wanna see it."

"See what?" I asked confused.

"Red said you could shift into a fox." She said in a duh tone. I stuck my tongue out at her and stood up.

"Uhh. I don't know how." I said to myself.

'Just think of shifting Avery.' Red said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in and focused as hard as I could.

I felt my bones pop and crack and I heard a gasp from Lilly. The next thing I know, I'm on all fours and I have paws instead of hands and feet.

"You. Are. Beautiful. Avery!" Lilly gushed with a huge smile. She ran up to me and ran her hands through my fur. I gave her a some-what smile and rubbed my head against her. "Hold on. I have a mirror in our room."

She left for a few minutes and while she was gone, I walked around trying to get use to walking in all fours. "Here you are!" She screamed and held it up in front of me. My fox mouth hung open at the site.

My eyes were the same gorgeous glowing amber color and I had the exact same pattern of Red. I looked fabulous! I backed up a little and did a cat walk in front of the mirror. I did turns, twists, a trot, and put a little strut into my walk. To say Lilly was having fun was an understatement. She was absolutely dying of laughter.

"I give you a 10." She laughed out holding onto her stomach.

I looked in the mirror one last time going over my appearance. The one thing that caught my eye, was the size I am. I looked like I was bigger than a female wolf. Like an actual giant wolf. I was huge.

'It's because you are a fox spirit Avery.' Red chuckled.

'Don't laugh at me! I'm new at this.' I defended.

'I know this.' She giggled again. I growled at her and that only made her laugh harder.

'Ya ya. It's just so funny. Now how do I shift back?'

'Just think if yourself in human form.'

I closed my eyes and imagines my black hair and ocean blue eyes. I felt the same pops and cracks again and I was now standing back in my human form.