Chapter 12: Not my day

After that day when I broke down to tears in Keiran's arms, We started to acknowledge each other more often than before. It first started to just nodding as we encounter each other as we walk by the halls or in class then it just turned to casual greetings -Hi and Hello but I still can't say we are friends but more like acquiantances perhaps, for I kept on thinking that maybe he was just pitying me.

Zoe wasn't able to come to school today for she cought a flu. Parking my car in a free space, I plug in my earphones that played Justin Bieber's Sorry then got off my car.

I was earlier than expected today. I dropped by my locker to get my biology book and head towards Mr. Young's classroom. I was the first one to be there. I was doing some advance reading to kill some time when one of my favorite song came up it was Runaway With Me by Carly Rae Jepsen, pressed the volume up higher and started singing the song.

You're stuck in my head,
stuck on my heart, stuck on my body, body
I wanna go, get out of here,
I'm sick of the party, party
I'd run away
I'd run away with you

I just got lost from the song, I didn't realized I was singing it a little bit too loud.

This is the part, you've got to say all that you're feeling, feeling
Packing a bag, we're leaving tonight when everyone's sleeping, sleeping
Let's run away
I'll run away with you

I was now dancing on my sit. Using my pen as a microphone.

Cause you make me feel like
I could be driving you all night
And I found your lips in the street lights
I wanna be there with you

Oh baby, take me-

I was cut from my mini concert when I heard clapping, it brought me back to my senses and turn to see who it was -it was non other than Kieran with an amused grin on his face and his 2 other friends Chace and Quen that was laughing. I felt my cheeks turn red, embarrassed by my action.

"Go on you may continue" Kieran said still with the grin, sitting next to me.

I took my earphones out, stop the music and shove it in my bag, grab my book to hide my face.

"Don't be shy Maddie, Do that little dancing again." Quen said laughing mocking my ridiculous dance move earlier.

I groan from embarrassment and put the book over my head making them laugh more.

"Don't worry you have a pretty nice voice." I hear Kieran whisper and a sudden smile crept on my face.

Did I hear it right? He said I had a pretty nice voice.

The morning bell rings as more students entered the classroom. The teacher was going on and on with the lesson but I couldn't seem to focuse my attention to it. His words of compliment still lingers on my ear. A book fell to the floor that gave a loud unexpected sound, it sucked me out my trance that I then realized that I might have been staring at Kieran the whole time, I slap my forehead giving out an unaudible groan. He might have noticed my action that he was smirking.

I might have humilliated myself more for my uncontrollable actions.

_________________

"Hey!" I heard Zoe called out from behind. I stopped to confirm her presence as she came up to me, hands on her knees cathing her breath. "Why do you walk so freaking fast?"

"You are not supposed to be in school, are you feeling okay?" Placing a palm over her forehead to check her temparature.

"I'm fine." She takes my hand off her forehead. "I've already drink some medicine.

"You should've stayed and bed and rest."

"I'm fine, I'm okay." She ridiculously danced to confirm she wasn't feeling sick anymore.

"Alright." Stopping her with all the shameful dancing.

"Look!" Handing me a flyer. "There's a party on Friday at Jared's house."

"So?" Giving it back to her and continue walking.

"We haven't been to any since the school started. I was hoping you come with me on friday." walking beside me.

"I'm done with my partying phase in life."

"Oh come on!" Grabbed my arm stopping me from walking, faced me to her. "Please."

"Don't think so." I shook my head lazily, just wanting her to stop talking about the party.

"It had been like 2 months ago. Can we just have fun like before?" She was trying to persuade me with her puppy dog eyes. "Like old times."

Yes, I used to go to parties before to keep up with Lance and his friends I know they really didn't like me that much for I don't do things the way they do. Drinking and smoking was not really my forte, they only accepted me to hang-out with them for I was Lance's girlfriend -now ex girlfriend and to be honest I really didn't enjoy it that much especially the smell of sweat, alcohol and vomit mix together. Disgusting.

"My answer is no."

"Please Maddie, be that awesome bestfriend that I know you are." She was tugging on the sleeves of my shirt.

"Lance and his friends might be there." I spoke with a slight hint of anger.

"Who cares! We're not going there for them." She rolls her eyes. "I was just thinking that you need to have to experience fun even just sometimes."

"But-" I was cut in my attempt to protest.

"No! We are going! No but's and no If's, undertand?" She put her hands in my arms and looked straight to my eyes. I will never win arguments with her, damn that Debate club. I simply submit nodding, she started jumping up and down like a 5 year old getting her ice cream.

I will regret this, Totally regret this.