Chapter 70 Rise Of Parasite

Star Labs

Central City

One of the most iconic research facilities in the city, surpassing even Mercury Labs.

The facility was known to be responsible for the particle accelerator accident many years ago that created the wave of metahumans that plagued Central City for close to a decade.

It was also responsible for the creation of one of Earth's greatest Superheroes. The guardian of Central City, more popularly known as “The Flash”.

Home to some of the greatest minds on the planet, since then, staff of Star Labs had become pioneers on the road of technology. Working with the government and the Justice League to make groundbreaking advancements in human sciences.

It was also in this building that another famous superhero, Cyborg was created.

However, at this moment, the whole building was crawling with military soldiers securing every nook and cranny.

Central City's iconic figure, The Flash in his red speedster suit stood at its lower levels, hands on his hips and a gloomy and uncertain expression on his face.

“Hey dude, you sure you're ok?” A figure beside him couldn't help but ask with a touch of worry.

“The Flash” turned his gaze to the side where someone he was so familiar with yet also unfamiliar at the same time stood.

Wally West, also known as Kid flash.

“..... Yes… I'm fine. Just..... A little unsettled, is all”. He said while taking a deep breath.

His gaze moved back towards the shrivelled corpse that was lying in the distance.

“Still can't believe he's actually dead though”. His solemn voice irked Wally out a bit.

Wally frowned slightly. The black flash in his line of vision put him in deep thought.

“Was he really that bad?”

The young speedster couldn't resist asking for confirmation.

“He was the worst”.

The reply made the mode slightly heavy.

“Honestly, I still find this whole thing a little weird”.

“Hehehe..... You and me both”.

Flash chuckled. The amusement in his expression beyond concealment.

Wally also let out a small laugh. Looks like his attempt to break the heavy atmosphere was successful.

It happened then. Whooshing noises could be heard in the distance prompting them both to turn their heads.

The military offices around were also startled slightly. Some instinctively reached for their weapons but stopped their actions after seeing the new arrivals.

“Superman!” Wally called out.

“I'm here”. Clark replied, giving Kidflash a subtle nod.

His gaze rested on “Flash” for a moment before nodding as well.

“Kidflash, Flash”. Then, his sight turned towards the dead corpse causing a frown to make its way to his face.

“Looks like Arrow wasn't kidding”.

“Yeah”.

“Ok, now this is interesting”.

Although it looked dried up, shrivelled, sucked clean of all life..... Whatever way you wanted to put it, he wasn't unrecognizable.