{Chapter 6} The six of us

The club was at the park after school, they were laughing and screaming just having a nice time. They all needed this little break with each other.

Jake and Milly were climbing on the play ground, on the roof of it... while Hailey and Luke went to go get ice cream. Zander and Sean were trying to control the animals on the roof of the play ground.

"Get your asses down here before you hurt yourselves!!" Zander screamed at the two.

Jake sat at the top and smugly replied, "Aw, Zander cares about us!"

Milly giggled and added, "Don't sweat it Zan Man."

"Guys, I'm not in the mood to drive to a hospital. Please just come down." Sean sighed and rubbed his forehead.

Milly and Jake looked at each other before climbing down listening to their parent. Zander looked offended and scoffed at the two just as Hailey and Luke came back.

"Hey guys, here." Hailey said handing out the cones with Luke.

"Thanks princess." Jake winked at her, his eyes still flashing a glint of sadness.

Hailey sighed, it seemed that she was the only one that noticed this. But her heart still fluttered at his words.

"Shut up dork." She said pushing him gently.

Jake smirked before dabbing his ice cream on her nose. "H-hey!" She said laughing him soon joining.

The club watched in amusement as they shared their ice creams with one another giving their opinions about the flavors.

"They would be cute together, we all know Hailey wants him. Like bad, bad. But we have no idea how Jake feels." Milly sighed licking her cone.

Luke suggested, "Well he could feel the same about her. But maybe he's learned from when he likes Daisy not to be obvious. I've noticed how he doesn't stutter around Daisy."

"Well Jake's always been reserved, the most we've actually gotten out of him is when he gave that speech." Sean sighed after eating some of his ice cream.

"I know Hailey knows about his past more than us, she kind of got him to open up once. She said he was very reluctant though." Zander added finishing up his cone.

"Dang, well aren't they best friends?" Milly said throwing away her trash.

They all nodded and turned back to the singers just to see Jake's face covered with Hailey's ice cream. She was laughing at him while he pouted and wiped it off with a napkin.

"Damn what happened to you?" Zander chuckled.

Jake rolled his eyes before saying, "Well Hails got annoyed that I put a drop of her nose but when I was distracted she decided to shove hers up my entire face."

"Aww is Mr. Sterling upset?" Hailey laughed her cheeks rosy.

Jake wouldn't show it but her laugh made him feel over the moon. He was glad she was happy even though his face was a mess.

"Shut up!" He finally said, his angry face only made her laugh harder.

The whole club finished their ice creams and mainly just hung out the whole evening at the park playing with one another and chatting.

—————————————————————

"You guys want to go get boba before heading home?" Zander asked looking around.

It was almost 7 and they were getting ready to head home. Sean had to go but Milly and Jake could hang out a little longer so they waved bye to Sean before heading to the boba shop.

"What do you want?" Jake asked everyone.

"Jake you don't have to-". Luke began but Jake insisted.

They all ordered and Jake payed before they sat down. Milly kept begging Hailey to have a sip but she refused. Luke and Zander shared a large and Jake kept being on his phone.

"Come on please Hailey." Milly begged while Hailey shook her head.

"No, you already have your own drink."

Jake rolled his eyes and nudged Hailey before taking her drink and taking a few sips.

"Can I have some of yours?" She asked Jake who nodded without looking up from his phone.

She took his and began to drink it. Milly looked at them flabbergasted. She began to pout to them.

"Hailey! Why does Jake get some?!"

"Best friend code." Jake said still drinking hers.

Hailey nodded in agreement, as Zander and Luke eyed them.

"I mean I get Jake will share sometimes but Hailey never shares." Zander said before going in for another sip.

She groaned before setting Jake's drink down, "That's called best friend privileges." Hailey found herself blushing a little earning a look from Luke.

She then took hers back from Jake who didn't mind and continued being on his phone. About 10 minutes later Milly got an idea.

"Hey! We should totally have a sleepover tomorrow! It will just be the six of us! I can text Sean!"

"Sure I'm down, what about you three?" Jake said putting his phone away.

"Mhm we're free, but whose house?" Zander asked at the end.

Milly thought for a moment before saying, "Hey how about we do your house?"

She turned to Zander who shrugged before texting someone. After a while he looked up from his phone, "Mum said yes."

"Sweet!" Milly squealed.

Hailey was too busy just staring at Jake who was on his phone to notice anything going on around her.

"Hailey!" Luke called getting her attention.

"Mhm?" She asked turning to him.

Luke sighed, "Okay well we should get going it's almost 8."

They all began to leave saying bye to each other. "Bye guys! See y'all at school tomorrow." Jake waved before turning his back. Hailey silently waved bye before walking off with Zander.