Chapter: 30

N A T A L I A

Callum wasted no further time and promptly left the house at Felix's words. He was incredulous. I wasn't sure where he was headed, so we all trailed behind him.

He made his way to the underground prison, growling loudly when the two guards outside appeared unconscious on the ground. The pack doctor was already there attending to them, with a couple of members from the pack assisting.

Upon noticing us, they all bowed their heads in respect, but Callum simply ignored them as he descended the stairs, making me follow promptly.

He was standing by Felix when I finally reached the underground cells, appearing furious, as he glared at his surroundings.

Callum must have noticed me at last, because he exchanged a glance between me and the cell that I had broken, his brow raising inquisitively.

I didn't say anything but approached him, grateful when he opened his arm for me.

"You did that?" he asked, nodding towards the damaged cell.

I shouldn't have admired his profound observation at a time like this, but my wolf purred, suddenly wanting to take Callum there in front of everyone.

Ignoring her, I looked at the dented bars and shrugged at my mate, meeting his dark blue eyes with a hint of surprise in them.

Callum didn't pester me about it when his attention shifted back to Felix.

"Find out where they are," he commanded.

"Natalia can help with that," Noah intervened, his voice resounding.

At his tone, I turned to glare at him, not impressed by his addition to the conversation.

Callum glanced down at me, puzzled.

I could locate the blonde and whoever John was, but I didn't particularly want to. I was relieved the blonde had left, and that's all that mattered.

"Locating them is pointless," I told Callum, looking up to meet his gaze. "We should invest that energy in to protecting our people."

"You should have killed her whilst you had the chance," Noah taunted, causing me to frown at his words.

He really didn't know when to keep quiet.

"The vampire is right," Callum agreed, surprising me. "Traitors should know the consequences of defying my orders. Not only did she put the pack at risk, but she fed back to your mother to try and separate you from me."

He seemed resolute in his decision, I could tell by the charcoal of his eyes. My wolf, complying completely with Callum's, urged me to track down the blonde. She wanted her dead.

I really didn't want to track the pair, considering how irrelevant they both were, but seeing Callum order Felix to find them, made me relent entirely.

"I can try," I told Callum, pulling away from his embrace to focus.

"Not here," he quickly added, and attempted to draw me back into his arms but I stopped him.