Chapter: 21

N A T A L I A

It had been exactly one week since my arrival at Crescent Moon, and although Callum had promised to introduce me to the pack, things had taken an unexpected turn.

There had been another attempt of rogues wanting to attack, but the guards at the borders had been on high alert, making the attack impossible.

Callum was busy with his men following the incident, finalizing safety checks. He decided that today would be the day he would introduce me to the pack.

In the week, we had mated multiple times and spent time together, and with our friends.

I had gotten to know Felix and Luke much better, and found myself liking them more than I expected. Especially, the beta as I didn't initially have a favorable impression of him.

I found out they were very close friends of Callum's since they were all pups. They were very protective of the pack.

There had been no further signs of my mother, nor Noah. And I still hadn't heard from my sister.

I was most worried about Noah. Rhea was under good protection, being a leader of the clan. She was probably too busy with the responsibilities to actually worry about me.

Noah, however, I couldn't imagine what he was going through. We didn't see each other on a weekly basis, but I would see him at least once a month.

I thought of him on a daily and hoped to hear from him, but as the days passed, I began to realize that maybe our friendship had come to an end.

"Have you picked a dress?" Ivy's voice snapped me out of my reverie as I refocused on the pile of dresses in front of me.

"Not yet," I replied before picking up a sleek black dress. "I was thinking maybe this one?"

"Black is always a safe option," she concurred.

The dress, sleek and black with a thigh-high slit and a high neck complemented by an open back, felt perfect.

As evening descended, Ivy assisted me with my makeup, opting for a soft smokey eye that accentuated my blue and purple eyes.

My hair was styled into a low messy bun, revealing the open back of the dress, transforming my appearance into something entirely different from my usual.

As Ivy finished applying a nude lipstick, I noticed Callum admiring me from afar in the doorway of the closet.

Sensing his presence, Ivy quickly tidied up the makeup before excusing herself, leaving me alone with my mate.

Callum looked ethereal in a white shirt and black trousers, his forearms on full view with the shirt rolled up at the sleeves.

Slowly, he approached me with a soft expression. His head dipped down enough for him to plant a gentle kiss on my head.

"My Luna," he murmured, his lips lingering near my head. "You're beautiful."

His words brought a smile to my lips as I turned to wrap my arms around his neck, with him bringing me up to him.

"You look very handsome yourself," I responded, reaching up to peck his lips.