Chapter 31

OLIVIA

"Lord Perceval?", Landon says.

"Duke of Canford, married to Lakota White, has four kids and currently lives in LA", I say. 

Landon nods pleased and offers me a reward strawberry. He flips the card and takes the next flashcard. "Gregory Munt?"

"Chief Counsellor in the Parliament, married to Estella Faire, no children, lives in Broix and has a soft spot for red cars."

Landon nods again, placing the card on the table. "Charles Denoire?"

"Counse-"

"What the heck are you two doing?", Nathan asks me as he comes downstairs, where Landon is currently standing at the kitchen counter and I'm sitting on a chair opposite him.

"Landon is helping me study for my coronation", I answer, innocent grin on. My bodyguard nods to back me up, showing off the fancy flashcards we've been working on all morning. Brad is busy having a talk with my uncle, who happens to be the boss of the security company him and Landon are working for. They are going over the security details, wondering if a trip to New York would come in question. Brad and Landon asked me yesterday for dinner what would be my one wish before I become queen, and I immediately answered I want to go home. They told me Broix is out of question, then I told them Broix isn't my home. Brad has been analyzing different routes all day, trying to figure out a way to make my coronation wish come true.

Nathan had to work on an article for his blog, so he stood upstairs a bit in our room. Well, theoretically his room, but ever since we confessed our love that night, him and I have been sleeping together. Or not sleeping together. Anyway, him and I have been sharing the same room during the nighttime together.

Landon went to the shop this morning as I told him my idea and got me enough paper and, after I begged him four times, even glitter, so that I can get started on my flashcards. With the coronation in only six days, it's very important that I get prepared.

Nathan comes closer to me and brushes a kiss on my lips. If Brad and Landon have been surprised at first, they meanwhile got used to me and him kissing from time to time. We obviously keep the spicier stuff in the privacy of our room. His room. The room.

"If I wouldn't know you any better, I would say that is creepy", Nathan tells me.

I shrug and flash another innocent smile. "An important key to the coronation is knowing who will attend. I want to know who's invited, so I can already come up with some small talk topics."

He doesn't seem to be surprised anymore, but rather proud.

"What?", I ask him confused. I squint my nose, and he chuckles.

"It's just...You're going to make a great queen, Livie."

This must be one of the nicest things anyone ever told me. I give him a thankful look and kiss him once, to show him just how much I mean it.

"Okay, let's continue", I tell Landon, as I pull myself away from Nathan. My boyfriend makes no sign to want to leave though, only sits down on the chair closest to mine and joins our study session.

"Theresia Vox", Landon asks.

"Counsellor of the-"

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?", Brad asks as he's entering the room. He analyzes the situation once, then shrugs and continues: "Anyway, I don't think I want to know." He comes closer to the counter and pours himself some water in a glass. Then, looking straight at me, he says: "Your Majesty, I have some good news."

My heart starts beating at two hundred miles per hour. "Am I allowed to go home?"

Brad is smiling, the warmest smile I have ever seen on his face, as he says: "Yes. Yes, you are allowed to go home."

I gasp and throw my arms around Nathan, not being able to believe what I just heard. Nathan is chuckling as he kisses the top of my head and wraps his arms around me in return.

As I turn my head to look at Brad, my head still resting against my boyfriend's chest, I smile. An honest smile. "Thank you", I mouth at him.

Brad nods understanding and takes Landon in a different room to talk about the details of our trip to New York.

I remain in Nathan's arms for a few seconds, still can't believing everything.

I'm going home.