Chapter 12

OLIVIA

"You've been to races before, haven't you?", Thomas asks me as we walk hand-in-hand through the paddock. Sometimes, being royalty is amazing. For one gets VIP tickets to the race.

"Mhm", I nod, almost jumping from excitement. Gosh, how I love racing.

I can see some people looking at me and Thomas, surprised to see us here. I don't actually care. If I care about their opinions the rest of the time, the times I spend watching formula one, I don't focus on what others think of me anymore. I am only interested in the cars and the race in front of me.

With the lanyard granting us access to the paddock around my neck, a few bracelets from the security checks, I am in my race day outfit, supporting my favorite team. A black short dress together with some black boots, a dark blue jacket with the in-bold-written big white letters forming the word "APOLLO" and a dark blue hair clip to match the look. If I usually don't place bets or show my preferences in public, I am now proudly wearing the APOLLO Cars' signature colors, dark blue and black.

I also forced Thomas to wear them. He has a black tux on, a dark blue shirt underneath it. He is also wearing the lanyard we got and a few bracelets, black sunglasses covering his eyes.

As we continue walking, I spot the garage of APOLLO and can't help but squeal once. "Oh my Gosh, we should go inside."

"Are we allowed?", Thomas asks me a bit alarmed.

I start nodding my head relaxed. "I'm close with the CEO."

I can't help but notice his raised eyebrow. Ignoring it, I make him follow me to the garage. I'm five metres away, just reached the APOLLO truck with the backup tires, as I spot Frieda. Leading him in the direction, I walk with Thomas to her. She notices us as she's ticking something on her clipboard. I can see her quickly bow in front of me, and then she greets Thomas with a handshake. Frieda and I have met before, since she has been the assistant of APOLLO's CEO for a while now. Four months to be exact. That's the longest any of Lewis' assistants made it.

"Your Royal Highness", she begins, then corrects herself. "Your Majesty..." Her cheeks go pink, not knowing how to address me. I chuckle realizing I also have no clue.

"Miss Estair Dunn will be fine", I tell her with a wink. "Do you know where Lewis is?"

I can see Thomas getting even more worried at that. I don't reply to him, waiting for Frieda to answer.

"He's probably on the lane at the car. He's briefing the team", she says.

I nod, and after I thank her, I take Thomas' hand again and lead him inside the garage. I already have everybody's eyes on me, but since most of them have met me at the other races, they only greet me with a short nod, symbolising a bow, and continue their work. The race will start soon, and they want to check they have everything ready.

As I walk outside, I spot him first. Lewis is standing on the lane, next to the car, together with two other men. His light brown hair is perfectly styled as always, although I only see him from the back. He is wearing his usual tux. I don't think I have ever seen Lewis in something rather than a tux ever since we finished high school. My cousins and I all attended the same private high school, and even though Lewis is two year older than I am, we still spent a lot of time together. Breaks in school, weekends, holidays. It has always been the four of us. Aria, Lewis, me and him.

The man I get to see next to Lewis is one of APOLLO's drivers, Levi Dyer. Between him and John Gruff, Dyer is the one who gets the most attention for he looks like the guys that make some girls suddenly be interested in F1. And because he's single. And only 24 years old, same age as Lewis. Gruff is a bit older, 29, and already has a wife. Which leaves Dyer as APOLLO's pride and joy.