Chapter 9: Happy we met

I walked in side my slightly chilly house and saw my mom sitting at the table. As soon as she saw me she immediately stood up and said "Oh hi sweetie, I was about to call you. So...how was it and how was he?" while raising an eyebrow.

"It was good. But it was really interesting." I said letting my words trail off as I thought about Spencer.

"Good interesting or bad?" she asked concerned. "I don't know."

She walked up to me and said "Explain." while staring at me in awe. "Well you know the band Panic at the Disco, the one I like?" I asked her. She probably doesn't, because I talked to dad about them a lot.

"I think so, why? What happened?" she said still clearly confused. "Well one of the long lost band members was at the group meeting. It was just weird to see my idol go down hill so fast." she placed a hand on my shoulder rubbing up and down as if to make heat and friction

"Aw, that doesn't sound too good." she said giving me her best sad expression. "It wasn't." I agreed.

"Well how was Tyler?" she said changing her face from a sad expression to a curious and delightful one. "He is a really good guy mom."

Oh shit. How will my mom ever let me go to a concert. I'm going to have to ask now. My mom hates when I put things off until the last minute. I, all of a sudden, became very nervous and I was bracing myself for a lecture about a question I didn't even ask yet.

"Hey mom can we talk?"

My mom seemed to get overly excited about that question. She probably thought I meant talk to her about my feelings and emotional things. When the truth is I'm about to ask her to go to a concert with a guy I just met.

She smiled excitedly and said "Yes absolutely, what you want to talk about?" she said leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Okay, but please don't freak." I pleaded. Her face now lost its happy glow and was full of concentration. "Okay. I won't. Now tell me." she promised and I will hold her to that.

"So, Tyler is in a band." I was thinking of words as I go and the more time that past the more nervous I got. "Yea, and?" my mom said interrogating further.

"He's having a concert tomorrow, and he invited me. I really want to go." I asked and seconds started to feel like hours as I awaited a response. "You've only met the guy, what, a day ago." when she said this she didn't sound mad or angry or even impatient.

She just sounded confused. As if their was no way this was really happening. Like there was noway someone could want to hang out with me. I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

"Yea, I know." I said defeatedly. I knew it. She probably doesn't want me to go.

But instead of declining my offer she asked another question "So is it like in a coffee shop somewhere? Is there a festival or something?"

I laughed. She didn't understand why I was laughing. "Mom, they sold out the Bohemian Stadium."

She gasped and said "Wow, Okay." like she was trying to process it. "So they are like a big thing? Could I at least know their name?"

"Twenty One Pilots, and I guess they are pretty big. I really want to go mom." I begged once again. "I know you do, but I barely know anything about Tyler. I barely know anything at all." she said with a sorry look.

"I'm sorry this is all so sudden. But it feels good to have a friend, and to be invited places." I said quietly trying my best not to sound pathetic. But there was no hiding how pathetic I sound.

"I know baby girl, I can tell. But all I'm trying to do is keep you safe. I don't know what I would if I lost you too." she said and my heart dropped. I don't like this talk of death. "Mom, I trust him and I know I'll be safe. I'm a big girl now."