C12.6

Chapter 12.6

Mo Yu and Zou Yiming were Chi Xiao Zhenren's disciples, and also single spiritual roots geniuses, their natural strength was extraordinary, effortlessly defeating their opponents in the first few games, exceedingly ruthless from the starting bell. If those disciples hadn't conceded in a timely manner, the fights would've ended in death.

The disciples watching off-stage were livid, but they didn't dare speak out, although even a few peak masters were grumbling.

"The sect's grand tournament has always been a life and death matter. The two people aren't violating any rules, so there's no need to speak of punishment. If the sect tournament is not harsh, how can the disciples improve their cultivation base, so when they travel abroad they won't fall prey to others?" Chi Xiao Zhenren gave a light smile.

The peak masters were also subject to the sect rules, they could only remain silent.

Song Yufei was in late stage Jindan, he could be regarded as the strongest in this group of disciples, so his victories were very effortless. Because his foundation was originally very shallow, and his master never shows him favor, he didn't dare act presumptuously, only forcing his opponents to step down, but many people still noticed that he had greatly improved.

Zhou Yun Sheng never entered the arena, he just stood behind Grand Elder's seat and watched the fights, it seemed like he was waiting for the last battle. His 'wait to attack for when opponents are exhausted' behavior garnered a lot of the disciples' criticism.

"Having a strong master is really advantageous huh. While you and I are fighting to the end, this one can comfortably stand by, yet will still be able to enter the final ten rounds." A disciple sneered and whispered.

"If he doesn't do it this way, how can he expect to keep up with the others? He's wearing a magic robe that conceals his cultivation base, but although we can't see his rank, it's only been ten years, the best he could be is early stage Jindan. Or maybe he took a few illegal pills to quickly improve, but then his foundation should be very unstable. Even if he enters the last ten rounds, someone else will probably beat him down. Grand Elder spoils him so much, but it won't help him in the real world, just harm him." Another disciple shook his head and sighed.

Song Yufei, Mo Yu, and Zou Yiming heard this gossip, all three chuckling in their hearts.

It was seven days and seven nights before the last nine fighters were selected, the new matches were starting, and all the gossip from before faded away. Five would be chosen from the group of ten, then three would be chosen from the group of five, meaning, each person needed to fight at least twice. Only the extremely powerful disciples could enter the top ten. The previous games had already required all their efforts, but the last two required them to put their lives at stake.

However, the Fang Xinghai who had never entered the ring was somehow scheduled for three consecutive games, and his opponents were the ones most likely to enter the top three: Mo Yu, Zou Yiming, and Song Yufei. Who said he relied on Grand Elder's influence to cheat, this was obviously courting death!

The Jindan Qi disciples looked at Fang Xinghai with changed eyes, since this person dared to take on this fight, he must at least have some ability. They were very much looking forward to experiencing the true strength of Grand Elder's disciple.

In the limelight, Mo Yu leaped into the arena, raised the flowing light sword in her hand, then pointed it at the black-robed boy standing behind Grand Elder.

Zhou Yun Sheng's figure flickered, then in a blink of an eye, he appeared opposite Mo Yu.

"Ladies first." He extended his hand in a gentle and courteous manner.