Chapter 24

The week had been a strange week, Jackson at school was almost avoiding me but then we would also spend hours on the phone talking, usually late at night when we were in our rooms alone, on one occasion I heard Jacksons dad in the background going through a list of training tasks and asking Jackson if he'd completed them all.

Jackson then convinced his dad he had homework to do before picking the phone back up, I couldn't tell a lot by the little I heard but It wasn't the way my dad spoke to me at all, there was a tone to his voice and a demand that Jackson had to meet

I half expected Jackson to respond with 'yes sir' at one point like he was in a military camp, in his usual fashion he brushed it off when I questioned him saying his dad wasn't that bad, but the bits I heard were all bad.

At least he could forget about it for a day while we were away playing football, sometimes I just wanted to grab him and hug him, but he was no closer to coming out and it made it difficult, even more so now everyone was questioning him and trying to find out who he was dating.

the whole post had blew up on Instagram with people even running bets on all the popular girls in school, some of the girls were even playing up to it saying 'they can neither confirm or deny it' which made me smile because i knew the truth

i knew what happened last Saturday, but today i was about to explode, my mind was going crazy and all i could think about was Jackson

He sat next to me on the bus, our legs touching, I wanted to reach out and grab his paw, we hadn't kissed all week, each time we thought we could Jackson would pull away as someone would walk around the corner, perhaps the lack of contact with him all week was building up, but even now there were too many eyes, namely the entire football team as we headed up the motorway to Oakfield.

It had been a long trip, and leaving straight after school it was already approaching 10pm before we pulled off the motorway into Oakfield, the heat from Jacksons legs pressed against mine was driving me crazy in ways i never even thought possible.

it felt weird knowing i would be alone with him soon, and i would be able to touch his lips once more, because as each day went on, i was starting to question if it really even happened, was it real did Jackson really want me like that?

i'd also spent way to long thinking of all the things i wanted to do with Jackson as soon as we were alone again, i clutched my bag tightly the lube i'd bought the other day tucked down at the bottom, i'd not even told Jackson about it, it was just an impulse i had, i'd been thinking about it a lot, but looking over at him now he was unreadable.

he was too good at playing the straight boy, i had no idea what he was thinking, was he having the same thoughts as me, did he see me naked every time he closed his eyes?

I shook the thought from my mind, Coach stood up as we approached the hotel, the yellow reflections from the streetlights spilled into the minibus lighting up his face, "now as I said I don't have many rules, but this isn't some party time, or time to get drunk and hook up with girls from the local town, you're here to play, you're here to win"

He steadies himself as the bus slows around a corner towards the entrance, "any nonsense, and you'll be off the team faster than you can complain about it, and mark my words, your parents will find out, and ill make sure the rest of your school year is full of detentions"

He eyes up each and every one of us, "lights out by 11, breakfast at 8"

We then filtered out the bus into the lobby, coach got us all checked in and handed out room cards to each of the groups, Jackson and I were handed ours and we headed down the hallway with our bags to our room.