Chapter 14

Friday morning and I was ready for school a whole 15 minutes early, in fact I'd been early the whole week and even my mom and dad were noticing, "I've never seen you this excited for school" my mom says as I pace around the dining room wonder what I can do to fill the time.

I didn't want to stand at the bus stop, that would be weird, but equally 15 minutes wasn't a lot of time for anything else.

"im not excited for school, schools lame" I say trying not to smile, I didn't want to admit it, and it wasn't school per say, I just wanted to see my friends, it was crazy I actually had friends.

My life right now was infinitely better than back at Brookdale, I mean sure there were still the odd bits of shit I would get at school, but it wasn't on the same level, and since playing football again, I just found my place.

I'd even printed myself out a tournament route map for the county matches, stuck it on my wall like some jock straight kid, I wasn't even sure I knew who I was anymore, but I liked it.

And I was going to the cinema with the guys too, like they wanted to hang out with me, I still didn't know why, it was alien to me, and I guess my mom and dad were surprised by how busy I was not becoming, so when I asked about the cinema, my dad gave me a twenty and said sure have fun.

Id not been out the house for so long a simple trip to the cinema felt like we were going to Disney world or something, and it was all I could think about the past two nights.

I'd texted Ella and told her I was hanging out with the guys on Saturday, she didn't really get them like I did, and she didn't even understand why I wanted to hang about with them, 'all they did was mess about and talk about boy stuff' she had said, texting me a video about a guy chugging hot sauce saying 'you'll be doing that next Sam!'

I was certain I wouldn't be chugging hot sauce, although I wouldn't put it past the guys as part of their entertainment, and she was kinda right, the conversations were sometimes odd and I'd feel left out, conversations with Jackson were often better though, or at least I told myself that.

"mom I've got to go" I say heading out the door, Thinking about the breakfast club on Friday mornings, Ella promised we would check it out before school today.

She was very reluctant and normally I would avoid this kind of club like the plague, but curiosity was playing on my mind and I felt like we should at least give it a go, even if it was just a mission to find more things to make fun of.

Im sure I will be asked 'and how does that make you feel' more than once like I'm being analyzed by some shrink, and the club sounded a good idea to at least talk about what happed with Eric, but now I wasn't so sure, but I wasn't about to leave Ella to turn up on her own.

It was strange being in school before anyone else, and like most of these groups they had hosted it in a room long forgotten and away from everywhere else, the rooms décor being left back in the 80s and the smell of bacon rolls filled the air, not the good kind of bacon rolls either.

They smelt like the bacon was greasy, I didn't know what it was about fried food but it just had this off-putting smell about it, I located the small pile of them wrapped up in silver foil as I entered the room, but scanning around I couldn't see Ella.

Instead I was met with a large square table with two guys sat at it, one probably a year or two below me with blonde hair in a quiff and freckles on his face, a nervous expression as he looked around the room, a half eaten bacon roll sat in front of him, it didn't look much better than it smelt

The other guy was probably in my year although I'd not see him, he wasn't in any of my classes, he was a canine fur with piercings in his ear, a large flesh tunnel contrasting against his white and grey fur