Chapter 15

I didn't sleep particularly well last night, a mixture of excitement and differing thoughts running though my head.

Id tried to stay in bed as long as I could but as usual the house started to make noise around 8am, my sister Olivia was up and getting ready for gymnastics, this was usually something I would attend, but now I was off out with my friends and I couldn't wait.

I crawled out my room at 10am, mom and dad had already left with Olivia, I was hoping to sleep for just a little longer, but instead I just stared at the ceiling, my mind racing.

I wasn't too sure why I was so nervous, was I nervous?, its what it felt like, my stomach twisting in knots and like it was full of butterflies, but understanding why eluded me.

I got myself some breakfast and pulled on some jeans and a light blue hoodie, spraying myself with some of my favorite aftershave and pulling a bag from my cupboard to fill with snacks, there was no way I was spending all my money on snacks bought at the cinema

Mom had even been kind enough to go to the supermarket last night and get me some sweets along with some nachos and a drink, there was way too much for just me, but I figured I could share it out.

Jackson was prompt and arrived dead on 12, Bryson was sat in the back and Phil got out the front seat pulling the seat forward for me to climb into the back, I was used to it with my dads small car, although this car felt a lot bigger inside.

There was at least plenty of room in the back, "hey" Bryson said as I made myself comfortable, "so settle a debate" he said looking over, "if you were in an accident and the doctors gave you a choice between your leg or your arm what would it be?"

"its gotta be the leg, you could always get a prosthetic leg, but have you ever tried putting your socks on with one hand" phil interrupted.

"I still think if they can save either then what stops the doctors saving both" Jackson says putting the car into drive and pulling off

"that's not the point of 'would you rather', you have to make a choice that's the point" Bryson said still looking at me, "so which is it?"

"I don't know probably leg, because I'd need both my hands to play violin" I say realising it sounded a bit dumb

"see I told you its gotta be the leg" phil agreed, "but what about football, you wouldn't be able to play again?" Bryson counted

"it would take some time, but I think its gotta be the leg" Jackson agreed too

"ok, maybe that one was too easy, ok would you rather, kick someone and they get to kick you back, or lick someone and they have to lick you back"

"if it were you Bryson I'd take the kick anyday, keep that tongue away from me I know where its been" Phil said as they laughed, I must have missed the joke but smiled anyway, "pick another one" Phil said

"Ok, so would you rather the girl you have a major crush on sleeps with your friend and you walk in on them, or you have to sleep with your friends crush and they walk in on you?"

Bryson looks over at me first and holds a paw up, "or guy, guys are included in this too"

"oh that makes this even more interesting, but in either case your gonna fall out with your friend right, there's no wining answer, I like it" phil says rubbing his lips while frowning deep in thought

"I mean Jackson has never in the history of the world has a crush, so does that mean I'd have to sleep with no one?" Bryson questions

"no it has to be a person, you just might not know who that is" Phil answers as if clarifying the rules.