Chapter 25

♡Jessica♡

"Good morning." I look up to see Joey standing there placing a plate full of food down on the kitchen island. I just nodded in return. Last night had been a drag. I had so much homework to do since I missed Tuesday. Who knew being a senior in high school sucked? Oh yeah, that's right I did.

"You okay there, Squirt?" Joey was the only person who had ever given me a nickname. Everyone just used Jess, Jessie, or just plain Jessica. When I was younger I would always squirt Reece with a water gun. That's how Joey came up with my nickname.

"I'm just exhausted. I had tons of homework plus I had to make sure my schedule was clear for today because I have to go pick up that dress from that shop I went to the other day." Joey nodded before walking to the stove. I started eating my food when I saw Reece coming into the room. He went straight to the stool next to me and sat down. What? No 'good morning annoying sister'?

I nudged him and he looked at me. He looked exhausted and just plain awful.

"What's wrong?" He just shrugged before grabbing me. I was stunned at first, but then I wrapped my arms around his neck. He sighed before he let go.

"They're never here." He whispered. Then it hit me. He wanted our parents to be here for our birthday. I sighed before nodding. Reece had always been affected by the fact that our parents were never here. His friends would talk about their family trips and family cookouts, and Reece would become upset and distant.

"I know, but you got me and Joey. Right Joey?" I looked up and saw that he had a sad look in his eyes. This had been the third time Reece had done this. I think he still did it, but alone.

"Yeah, I'm family now. You're like a younger brother." He gave Reece a small smile. I could feel Reece start to relax against me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulder.

"Now, turn that frown upside down. Tomorrow you sir, will become an adult. Well more like legal." Reece gave a small chuckle before nodding his head. He got up and grabbed a plate full of food.

"We should get going it's already late." I nodded my head and picked up my plate before placing it in the sink. I just had to get through this day and get that dress from the antique shop.

"I'm going to get my dress for tomorrow after school. Do you have practice?" I asked Reece as we walked out the door. He shook his head.

"Nah, they start next week, remember? The stupid notes?" I giggled. Oh, yeah I made him make those cards. At first he refused, but I got him to make them. They were just too cute! He was just going to tell the new players and that was all. That was to plain and boring. This way they could show off. Football was a pretty big deal here. I don't even know why.

~*~

"Hi, I'm here to pick up a dress." The whole day had gone by fast. I didn't even know it was over until I was walking towards my car. I had dropped Katherine off and came staright to the antique shop so, I can finally see what my dressed looked like. I hope it looked okay. Would it even fit me?

"Name?" I told the cashier my name and she walked to the back. What color was my dress? What shoes do I need? The parties tomorrow and I don't even know if I will have the right jewelry and shoes for it. Hopefully it was a color that I could find accesories for easily. The cashier came back from the back with maore than just a dress.

"All of this was together with your name on it." I looked at the things she had brought. It was my dress in a box, shoes and a couple of accesories. I saw a note under my shoes and grabbed it.

Hello dear, I wanted to give you a little more than what you asked for. Don't worry about the cost, it's a gift for you. The dress will fit perfectly. I'm sorry, but will you please not see the dress until Friday. The dress is white, so that can help you with your make up and whatever else it is you youngsters do. I wish you and your brother a happy birthday!

- Charlotte

My dress was white. White is a good color it goes with everything. I thanked the cashier grabbed all my stuff and went to my car. I couldn't wait to know what my dress looked like.

-----------------------------------------------------
God I just love Joey! Poor Reece! :( who's excited to see Jessica's dress? I sure am! Sorry for any mistakes! You know the drill!
Read
Vote
Comment
Fan!