36

It was New Year and everyone was at the annual New Year Mafia ball. Arieon didn't want to go but she had to attend. She didn't like all these Mafia meetings and she was glad that this was going to be her last one.

"I'm hungry", Agatha mumbled as her eyes scanned the hallway for food. Her stomach was already showing a small baby bump of three months. "Let me get you something to eat", Matteo kissed her forehead and walked away.

"Aww", Arieon teased her. "Shut up", Agatha glared at her. Enzo shook his head and the two women. "Vincenzo, spero che ti stia divertendo qui?", Giovanni asked him. He was the host of the party. Enzo nodded, "Mi sarebbe piaciuto di più il comfort del mio letto ma non posso negare il tuo invito". Giovanni let out a deep laugh and patted his shoulder.

The party went on and on until Arieon couldn't stand anymore. "I'll faint of I don't sit down", she glared at Enzo. "Let's go to the terrace, you'll sit there", he said as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "I don't understand why you would bring your pregnant wife to a ball", she said as they walked out if the hall.

"My family has to be there and I couldn't let Agatha take your place seeing that everyone already knows you", he said as they walked into the terrace. She let out a huff and sat down on one of the couches. "I need water", she said. "I'll be back", he said and left to get water for her.

Then her phone began to ring. Her eyes widened and her mouth parted when she looked at the caller ID. "Lucas?". "Happy New Year", Lucas voice rang in her ears making her heart beat faster.

"L-Lucas?", She stuttered again. "Arieon, I'm sorry for leaving you. I really am, trust me. I just had to get over the childish crush I had over you", he said with sincerity. "I was hurt", she said. "I'm really sorry. Please forgive me", he begged. "I've forgiven you but what you did was painful", she said.

Lucas sighed, "I know. I'm over my crush for you now. I'm in a right state of mind now and I want to rebuild our friendship". Her heart clenched knowing that she'd be the one to leave him this time.

"Okay", she said. "Where are you?", He asked. "At a party with my husband", she answered. "Okay, no problem. How long are you again? You should be five months now", he said. "Six", she answered.

"That means you should be big", he joked. "You're trying to say I'm fat?", She asked playfully. "I heard that pregnant women always put on a little more weight", he said. "You're not wrong", she said. "I'll call you later, I'm going to visit a friend right now", he said. She hummed in response and hung up.

Then she felt movements in her stomach and a smile formed on her lips. "Hey baby, you're doing good in there", she whispered to her baby bump. She felt a small kick in response and a small laugh left her lips, "That's my boy".

The next day, Arieon spent the whole morning in bed due to tiredness and cramps. Sometimes, her temperature would increase and she'd have a headache but it'll calm down later. Agatha, on the other hand would vomit a few times and then feel dizzy.

Being pregnant wasn't going to be in their list of amazing things.

"You'll be fine, don't overthink", Arieon's mother said to her. "I feel like I'm going to die", Arieon groaned. Her mother's chuckled filled her ears. "Sweetheart, it's normal to feel that way. It means your baby is growing perfectly fine", she said. "He does kick well", Arieon said and they laughed.

"You're doing a great job, sweet", her mom said. "Thanks a lot mom. I wonder how you did it with the three of us inside you", Arieon said. Her mother laughed, "You have no idea how big my stomach was. I thought I was going to die while giving birth". "We did cause you a lot of pain", Arieon said. "Of course you guys did! I was in the hospital for two weeks", her mother exclaimed making her laugh.

"Our bad", Arieon said. She knew her mom rolled her eyes immediately. "I can't wait to see you", her mom said. "Me too, don't worry that much", Arieon said. "But you won't bring your son with you", Elisa said sadly. Arieon's heart clenched. She didn't want to think about leaving her son yet. "Enzo would rather kill me than leave him alone", she said.

"I know, I understand how you feel", Elisa said to her. "Thanks Mom", Arieon said with a small smile. "You're welcome, sweetheart. Don't forget to exercise properly", her mother said. "Why?", Arieon said with a frown. Her mother chuckled. "You need to get rid of unnecessary fat before and after child birth", she said. Arieon let out an annoyed groan abd her mother laughed.

"I'm going to make dinner. Your sisters are coming home for dinner", her mom said. "Okay, say hi to dad for me", Arieon said. Her mother nodded and hung up.

A sigh escaped Arieon's lips as she placed her hand in her large belly and rubbed it. She felt a small kick and a chuckle left her mouth. "Atta boy", she giggled.

Her phone dinged abd a message popped up on the screen.

Hey, beautiful. It was a message from Lucas. A smile formed on her lips as she texted him back. He was on break so he decided to check on her like he always did before he left her.

After their chatting session, Arieon dropped her phone on the bed and picked up the scrapbook from the bed. She brought out a pen and began to write in the book.

Sweetheart, it's me mommy. My love for you is more than anyone could ever imagine. Always keep me in your heart just like I do to you. Mommy loves you. (。♡‿♡。)

That was the tenth chapter she had filled in the large book. Her heart was heavy with pain knowing she won't be able to take her child away from this cruel world.