34

Just as Enzo promised Arieon, he tried his best to turn a new leaf and be happier. Honestly, he was actually happy with being depressed.

It was already December which meant Christmas was near abd Arieon was so excited about it. She loved holidays because it was the time she spent with her family. This year, she's spending it with her new family. It'll be the first and last time, though.

"Let's have a very big Christmas tree!", Arieon gushed in happiness. Agatha looked at her incredulously. "You love holidays", she said and Arieon nodded. "They're just so special and I love celebrating them", Arieon said.

"We don't really celebrate holidays here", Agatha told her. "We'll change that", Arieon said abd they laughed. "First, we'll get a tree. But I'll ask Enzo first so I won't get on his neck", she said. "Good idea", Agatha told her.

"Ask me what?", Enzo walked in. "Have you ever heard of decency?", She glared at him. He was wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants and his torso was glistening with sweat. He rolled his eyes, "I've heard of it. It's my fucking house, I do whatever I want". She rolled her eyes at her response.

"Both of you should stop acting like Tom and Jerry", Agatha said with an eye roll. "Have you gone for check up?", He asked her. "I'm fine, the baby's find and Matteo is fine", she replied.

Agatha finally broke the news to Enzo about her pregnancy. He was happy and supportive for her.

"I was thinking of asking you something", Arieon said. "Ask away", Enzo said. "Can we get a Christmas tree?", She asked. He raised a brow, "Why?". "It's December", she said in an obvious tone. "You can get it. I'll order it", he said to her as he approached the fridge.

A large smile spread on Arieon's face, "Thank you". "You're welcome. Also, tomorrow is the December gala. It's a business gala, not Mafia but I need to introduce my wife to my business partners".

The wife you'll divorce in a few months, she wanted to say but she nodded. "Your dress will arrive later today", he told her as he grabbed a water bottle before walking out of the kitchen.

"Why do I feel like you're not telling me something?", Agatha asked. Arieon turned to face her, "What do you mean?". "You're falling for him, aren't you?", Agatha asked. "I only care about him", Arieon denied.

"Keep telling yourself that. Just admit that you live him", Agatha said to her. "I'm not sure if I can do that. We're going to divorce in a few months and there's no point in falling in love", Arieon said. "I'll let it slide just this once", Agatha said and they chuckled.

Arieon began to eat the breakfast they made before retreating back to her bedroom to take a short nap. Her lower back was aching her so she needed to rest a little. She fell asleep immediately her head made contact with the pillow.

She woke up later in the afternoon feeling hungry. She groggily made her way to the stairs. Her eyes widened and an excited scream left her mouth as she saw a very tall Christmas tree decorated with Christmas lights and ornaments.

"This is so beautiful!", She squealed as she walked down the stairs. "I'm glad you like it", Enzo said as he stood up from one of the couches. "I love it", she says as she approached him. He made a surprised sound as she hugged him.

"Why are you home early? Aren't you meant to be working your ass off?", She asked. "Sometimes, my ass needs rest when it gets sore", he said to her and she giggled. "So you want to rest?", She asked. "More like sleep till the next day. I just wanted to stay till you woke up", he said and let out a yawn.

"I'm going to make something to eat", she said and made her way to the kitchen. At this rate of her appetite, he was sure she could eat the whole house. He shook his head and made his way to his room.