Chapter 30

The Next Day

Eve was trying dresses for the past one hour and Xavier was sitting on the bed. He was watching his stubborn wife who decided to join him today for office. He tried to make her understand but pregnant Eve is more stubborn. Mostly she wears his shirt because it's the most comfortable clothe for her.

"Xavier... I don't find any good dress. I look fat in all." She cried throwing the dress on the floor and sat on the couch.

"Baby, you stay home today. I will come home early then take you on shopping." He said throwing the last straw but she denied it again.

"No, I want to go with you. I know that bitch will be there and she will eye rape you and flirts with you. I want to make her understand that I am your Queen." She said with determination and rubbed her baby bump.

He sighs in disbelief and got up from the bed. He went into the closet and come back with a dress. He hands her the dress and without any complaint, she wore the dress because she knew his choice is always best. It was white color bohemian maternity dress and she was looking cute in it. 

She doesn't like maternity dresses most of the time and blames her mood

She doesn't like maternity dresses most of the time and blames her mood. She always makes a fuss about dresses because sometimes she doesn't like the color of the dress, or sometimes the design is printed on the dress, or sometimes she found the dress too long or too short, or sometimes she doesn't like the material of the dress. Xavier had been dealing with her different moods every second day.

"Do I look fat in it?" She asked looking at him through the mirror.

He stood behind her and wrapped his hand around her stomach.

"No, you're just carrying our jelly bean." He replied kissing her cheek and his words were enough to bring tears in her eyes.

"Oh... Xavier. You are making me cry." She said with sobs and he chuckled before turning her toward him and caged her by the waist.

Her baby bum again comes in between them and she pouted at him.

"I love you." He said wiping her tears.

"I love you too." She said sides a little and rested her head on his chest.

He kissed her hair and wrapped his hand around her little frame. After a few minutes, they broke the hug and got ready to go to the office. They walked out of the house and sat inside the car. Soon after twenty minutes they reached the office and got out of the car and started walking inside the building while he was holding her proactively.

"Good morning sir, Good morning ma'am." An employee greeted them with a smile.

"Good morning." Eve grinned at him and Xavier just nods his head with a hard face.

They walked into the elevator and he pressed the floor button. She poked his arm and he looked at her narrowing eyes.

"Why don't you greet back him?" She asked with a frown.