Prom

Friday: 7:15 pm

You guys arrived to you prom and it was your typical 'Night Under the Stars' theme. Can't high schools be more original? 

You all walk in and immediately Hinata and Kenma run off to somewhere else.

"Okay bye Kenken! I guess?" you yell as they disappear into the crowd. 

It was now just you and Kuroo. You hold his hand and continue to walk towards the flashing lights and loud music. 

"Let's dance?" he asks.

"Let's," you say.

You head onto the dance floor and vibe to the music. You both occasionally talk and mingle with others. Everything was light hearted and going well. You were enjoying yourself and couldn't be happier. You even bumped into Coach Nekomata while getting some punch, that was most definitely spiked with some sort of alcohol.

"Y/N! I'm going to miss you next year," Coach says fighting the music with his own voice.

"Awe, thanks Coach! Thank you for taking care of us throughout the year..." you say holding all the memories of volleyball in your heart. Coach was like everyone's grandpa but he treated you like his own granddaughter and you really appreciated him for taking care of him. 

"You're always welcome here! Don't be shy to visit, you'll know where I'll be..." he says laughing.

 You continue to talk for a little until you finally return back to Kuroo who was with some of the volleyball members. You walk over and join on the conversation. 

"Kuroo!" Lev yells suddenly interupting the conversation. 

"Yes?" he responds.

"Why is Jessica following me around and harassing me to dance with her??" he says hiding behind Yaku, who is just staring at Kuroo. 

"Hmm, I don't know..." Kuroo does not sound very convincing. 

"OH LEVVVV!!!" Jessica calls out. 

Lev makes a run for it... it must be hard to hide in the crowd, especially when you're like 6'5. You all laugh and giggle, while Yaku shakes his head disapproving. 

The rest of the night continues and a slow dance finally comes on. Kuroo hears it too and turns to you. "Will you do me the extraordinary honor and dance to this song with me?" he says bowing and reaching his hand out. How cheesy yet cute.

You giggle, "Why yes, It would make me quite happy," you say playing along and holding his hand. 

"But it would make he the happiest man alive," he says leading you to an open space on the dance floor.

He turns to you and you look at him. He looks his arms around your waist and you rest yours on his shoulders. You look at him and admire everything that had happened up until now. Wasn't it just yesterday that you were on the beach crushing over your best friend? Or waving him goodbye at the airport? Or even thirst trapping him during Karaoke night? How could all of these memories slip through your fingers so easily? you didn't even get a chance to savor them. 

"What is it Chibi-chan?" Kuroo noticing you were lost in thought.

"I just can't believe I'm with you..." you say geniunely. 

"I can. I knew that no matter what, it would be you..." he says pulling you closer.

"It was always going to be you Kuroo..." you say looking into his eyes. You felt like crying because of how overwhelming your happiness was. But you didn't want snot running down your face.