All This Time

Saturday: 9:00pm

(First I just want to say thank you so much for 1k views on this story!! I really didn't think it would be seen but I'm very thankful for you guys and hope you guys enjoy this story just as much as I loved writing it:,) Anyways continuing with the story...)

The group finally ordered pizza after the whole fiasco with Kuroo coming back from the bathroom. You guys had a pretty great time together and you and Kuroo were fine too. You guys talked and it almost felt like things were back to normal... almost. After eating, everyone decided to call it a night and headed home. The car ride home was awkward. Why might you ask? Because it was just you and Kuroo. Kenma was supposed to be here too but he ended up going to Hinata's house. You tried to beg Kenma to just come home with you guys but given the fact that they made up today, you understood. You guys were less than 15 mins away from home yet it felt like 3 hours. Nothing but passing street lights that light up the dark car every 10 seconds and the sound of the radio faintly playing in the background. At this point, you want to break the silence but you just couldn't. Maybe you want him to say something... but nothing. You rest your head on the car door and close your eyes, deep breaths every 8 seconds. 

After some time, you realize Kuroo had just turned onto your street. You slowly sit up and fix your shirt. 

"Were you sleeping?" Kuroo asks.

"No, I was just closing my eyes to pass the time," you say with a sleepy voice.

"Oh okay... well we're home now," Kuroo says as you guys pulled up in your driveway.

"Oh okay, thanks for driving me home..." you say quietly as you get out of the car. 

You close the door and start to walk towards your front door. 

"Y/N wait!" Kuroo yells.

You stop in your tracks, nervous to turn around because you don't know what to expect. You can feel Kuroo's presence behind you, he was probably only about a few inches away from you.

You slowly turn around and face Kuroo, but you keep your head down because you don't know whether or not to look at him. 

"Y/N..." Kuroo says.

Shit. Well now you have no option but to look at him. You lift your head, eyes meeting his. God, he's tall. "Yes?" you ask quietly.

"What's happening?" he says letting out a sigh. Almost like he's tired and finally caught his breath. You looked as his face for a moment and you honestly wondered if he was going to cry.

"I don't- what do you mean?" you ask hoping for more context.

"Y/N, you haven't properly talked to me since my birthday and tonight you acted like everything was normal. At the pizza place we were fine and we were even... y-you know... But then the moment you were alone with me in that car it felt like I was driving a stranger home. What's happening to us? Please talk to me..." Kuroo lets out like it's been eating him alive.

You honestly didn't know how to respond. What was happening to you guys? But you were finally able to put the words together, tonight you were finally going to let out all your emotions. "Everything Kuroo. Everything is happening. I don't even know where to begin... Kuroo you're my best friend and honestly at one point I actually thought we could be more than that... but then-" you pause. You start to feel a lump form in your throat and feel your eyes blur, but you breathe slowly to hold it in, "then I saw you... and... her-" you start to feel tears roll down your face, "Alisa. I saw you guys kiss and I- I didn't think I could feel so many emotions at once." You cry into your hands and quickly wipe them away and continue, this time with anger.