Birthday Surprise

"How are you holding up?" I ask Maya over the phone whilst I pace around my room. 

"I'm doing fine Alya, you can stop worrying about me. I am having a lot of fun with my aunt. I haven't seen my mum in a while but, I think it's a good idea because it has helped me to realise how wrong she treated me." I sigh in relief finally the girl has come to her senses.

"That's good, I'm happy for you," I say smiling to myself. 

"But back to you, what are you doing for your birthday?" Maya asks excitement radiating off her voice.

"Nothing, I have nothing planned," Maya gasps and I just chuckle at her and shake my head even though she can't see me. 

"Unacceptable!" She practically yells, "Ow, Maya shush!" 

"No Alya this isn't right!"

"Yeah but you know I want to spend it alone so, don't worry," I slump myself down on my bed and stare up at my ceiling. I really do want to spend today alone, I don't like celebrating my birthday. I have no idea why but, I just don't like it to be a big deal.

"We are going out tomorrow anyway," I brush it off and sit straight up on my bed. 

"You are not getting away with this and I mean it!" I laugh at Maya's enthusiasm, "mkay then whatever floats your boat captain."

"I'll talk to you later, I love you, bye."

"I love you more, goodbye." I hang up the phone and skip out of my room to find my family standing around the kitchen as if they are having some sort of meeting.

"Alya!" My dad says cheerfully as he sees me enter the room, I eye them down suspiciously but, continue with caution.

"Lou!" Liam says excitedly and then I look over to my mother who is yet to think of another name to call me, "my wonderful offspring!" She exclaims awkwardly. 

"Yes, family." I say stiffly, what is fucking wrong with my family? 

"Happy motherfucking birthday!" Liam calls out the loudest whilst my parents stick with a more modest, "happy birthday!"

"Ok then, great thanks," I say slowly sticking my thumbs up waiting for them to quit the funny act. 

"We have something for you, hun!"

"Well, no shit that's a given look at you all gathered around like bloody penguins." I say dryly and they all just laugh at me. 

"Are we all ready then?" My mother says like she's a high and mighty Queen. 

"I was fucking born ready mum just spill," I say turning around to open the fridge and grabbing out some cold water. 

"Ta fucking Da!" My brother calls out as I spin around to get a glimpse of the small rectangular shiny pieces of paper he is holding. 

"Uh, thanks for the paper, I guess?" I walk over to where he is standing and grab the paper out of his hands. 

"Oh wait shit!" I yell realising what it actually is. 

It's not paper!

IT'S NOT PAPER!

THEY'RE FUCKING TICKETS!

What the actual hell! I spin around a few times before collapsing to the ground, no way in a million years, there is just no possible way. I shake my head furiously and repeatedly mutter, "No." but my family continues to nod and say, "yes!"

"I can't wait! I'm so excited, you people are the best!"

"I already know that," Liam states flicking his imaginary hair. 

"Shut up! I have tickets to Louis Tomlinson's tour, what the actual shit is my life?"

"Yeah, thanks mum and dad-"

"and Liam mostly Liam," My brother buds in, our dad glares at him, "anyway thanks for getting me tickets to the love of my life's concert, I love you."

"Yeah, what he said," I state pointing towards my father who looks like he's just about had it with all the yelling. Don't worry dad I hate it too and how I am going to survive a concert I have no idea but, I'll deal with it when it comes. 

I am shaken into reality when the doorbell goes off however, I keep my seat on the floor. 

"This brings you to your next surprise," My dad says walking over to the door but everyone else has a look of confusion just like me. 

"You're lucky I just vacuumed and mopped so, the floor is clean," My mum says with a tight grin.

"Yeah, I know what would I do without you, die from bacteria, ew oh no, save me mother, help me!" I cry out dramatically as my brother snickers at the both of us. 

"Oh wait don't tell me you brought Louis Tomlinson in the flesh?"

"No sweetie I didn't but, I have something close," He offers and my eyes go wide, "his husband?" I question scrambling off my butt. 

"No- wait, his husband?" My dad mutters quietly but dismisses it, "No, but I have someone better."

"Who could possibly be better than-" I stop mid sentence as I see who's standing at my door.

Of course It's him out of everyone to show up I somehow feel like he's the most likely to come. Liam is slightly scowling from the kitchen so, I send him a glare and he backs off. The light reflects perfectly off his face and his eyes shine making them look awfully hot but, delicate. His hair looks like he just got out of bed and ran a hand through it but, in a more purposeful way.

I try to compose myself by patting down my crazy hair and tugging at my shorts to make them longer. But, it is no use I am not match for him and all his hot morning glory. I sigh quietly and lean against the door frame as I take in his appearance. Is this what Maya meant? Maybe he isn't here because he thought of me after all but, rather because my best friend told him to come. Just as I think that he gets a call from the one and only Maya. He fiddles around before answering it. 

"Hello... yeah I am with her now... come on, you know I wouldn't miss it for my life... alright bye."

He shoves his phone back into his pocket and looks up at me, "You done staring now?" He asks cockily and my brother looks like he's about to pounce.

-------

I honestly have way more motivation for this story than the other one (don't really like where it is going) so, I will be uploading this one way more.