Chapter 31: A Confused Soul

Y/N POV

I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like when I return to Luna Nova.

I know I need to face the consequences for breaching the rules that were set in place for me.

But I will admit I did this because I wasn't thinking straight.

There was so much clouding my mind at the moment, I couldn't focus on anything.

Y/N: I hope I haven't made them worry too much.

That was a pretty dumb thing to say.

I knew that I had worried them too much.

The more I thought about what I set out to do, the more I questioned what my thought process was behind it.

I'm not thinking straight.

I'm so confused!

I start to fly faster.

I needed to get back.

Soon Luna Nova was in my sights and I slowed down.

Looking at my watch it was nearly lunch time.

Yeah.

There was absolutely no way I was getting let off easily for this.

Not just from the headmistress but the girls as well.

I land around the front of the school and was immediately greeted by the headmistress.

Y/N: L-look. I-I c-can explain.

I couldn't really, as I wanted to keep everything a secret.

Holbrooke: Now don't stress too much Y/N! You won't be punished for this! I understand how lost and confused you must be right now, but you do know that it's dangerous out there.

I nod my head and climb off my broom.

Y/N: I-I'm n-not thinking straight right now. I-I'm just not feeling like myself.

Holbrooke: Yes. And I am very sorry that you are going through all of this, but I do need you to be a lot more patient. We will uncover this all in due time.

Y/N: Y-yes headmistress.

I look down at the ground.

Holbrooke: Diana came to me with the note. She was....worried to say the least.

I feel my heart clench.

I shouldn't have done this.

Y/N: I-I'm s-so naive.

Holbrooke: Everyone does things without thinking properly Y/N. She told me about you're breakdown yesterday which must have only fuelled your desire to do what you did.

Y/N: Y-yeah b-but I realise I should've just calmed down and just stop to think! My mind is racing at the moment!

Holbrooke: I know. Come Y/N. Let's get you inside. We can talk about this further.

I follow her inside just as the bell rang out signalling the end of class.

Y/N: D-do y-you thinks it's possible for me to just avoid anyone for now? I-I don't really wanna confront them right now.

Holbrooke: I cannot stop them Y/N. They all love you very dearly. I won't be surprised if you are showered with concern from them when they see you.

True.

I was betting on them coming to me instead of me going to them.

I just had to take it I guess.

Holbrooke: We are going to continue this in my office Y/N. It's a better place for you to properly vent to me.