CHAPTER THIRTY: Someone's Back And Will Be Loved.

Jake Ryder

“Hola people!”

She yelled. I swear, my eardrums must’ve been ripped. I cringed. Her arms were around my neck, knotting at the side. Her body comfy in my arms. She was a new feel. Something, rather someone new yet, her arms felt comfortable.

She had a good ear to ear grin pasted on her face. She was so happy. Like a maniac, now waving at the ones in front of us. Shocked, is what I’d call them right now.

Right in front of me stood, five figures, with wide eyes and five jaws that were slack down. The look they had was not like the classic man-you-got-a-hot-one-there. No, it was more of pure shock.

“Hola?” I greeted. It came out more of a question though. And the next thing I know is that I’ve been knocked out of breath. There was a pile of fat asses on top of me. Thanks, I feel loved, but I wouldn’t want to die just yet.

 I was sprawled down on the floor that was might I add, hell cold. “Get off, you fat asses!” I yelled.

After the pile of those idiots, that now I call friends was off of me, I finally took a breath in. It was pretty clear that this girl knew who they were. She was still enveloped in the pile of these idiots. I feel for her.

Oh, who am I kidding? I’m loving this!

I looked at her, an amused smile on my face. She looked at me for help, her eyes pleading. I didn’t give in. That look was just…it caught me.

I sighed, these idiots were going to suffocate her anytime soon, she’d be limp. I pried them off her. She thanked me as she dusted he dress off. “Stop those bear hugs, you people! I don’t even know how many bones I’ve cracked!”

She folded her arms in front of her, looking stern. She was kinda failing though, cause’ a smile came on her face through the stern look, that turned into a grin. “Now, let’s do this the right way,” she said and pounced on all of them. Luckily, they caught her, or else she’d be down on the floor, with sure something broken.

She stood up and handed me my phone. The others looked at us with eyebrows knitted. Carl had an angry look on his face. No, not jealousy.

This girl. This one was different. She looked so happy but there was a glint of sadness in her eyes. People might not see it, but I guess I’ve been good at reading people.

She made me forget about Leah. The mistake I made. It was good, I never said I didn’t enjoy it, but it felt wrong. Just wrong. I don’t know why but, this one? I needed to get her. I wanted to know more about this one. She’s different like that.

She hugged Carl for longer but it didn’t look like a “lover’s” hug. “C-can’t b-breath big brother!” she gasped for air. Wait, big brother?

So wait, the one girl I take interest in turns out to be my best mate’s sister? Can my luck go anymore bad?

No God, that’s not a challenge.

“Big brother?” I asked. He never told me he had a sister. A pretty one at that.

“Yes,” he stated. Uh-oh. “Eyes off my sister Ryder!” I quickly casted my eyes to the floor. It suddenly seemed interesting. Now, Carl might seem good and childish most of the time, but in the last month, living with him, I’ve leant that his wrath is the hardest to face. No one would want that. Let’s just say, you’d like to stay on his good side.

I held my hands in surrender, letting him know I was in his favor. “Off dude!”

We walked in the apartment and settled around in the living room. “So El, we didn’t know you were coming?” Leah stated, raising her brow.