CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: Of The Past, Back To Hell Again.

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Of The Past, Back To Hell Again.

"I said don't believe him. He did not kill anybody. It was not his fault at all. He just beat himself up for what happened," Myra spoke, her teeth gritted.

"What happened?"

"Have you ever seen a heart getting pierced?"

"I'd rather not," Ella answered.

"Close your eyes if you do. Run away and don't look back. It scars you for life."

He held her hand, pulling her behind him, through the greeny plush of leaves and nature. The thorns scratched the skin on their bare body. The sweat dripping down their forehead, the fear running through their eyes. Shadows following them.

"GET THEM!"

They looked back at the shadows chasing not far behind, swords and whips clutched in their hands. He held her hand, his fingers tightening around her, he looked at her, their breath mixing together. Their legs were giving up.

"THEY HAVE ESCAPED! PULL UP THE FENCES!"

They let out another breath, filling with confidence as the shadows were reaching. He held both her hands into his, he kissed her forehead, "you know I love you," he said, "bet now," she smiled.

"We have to go," she whispered, still shaking from the recent events.

"I just wanted you to know that, whatever happens tonight, I'll never stop loving you because that'd be like trying to stop the heart from doing its job—" he said, his fingers sending jolts of current up her spine, "hey, I love you too, to moon and back but this really isn't the time—"

"—So I want you to promise me that you won't look back. You'll keep running even if I'm not beside you," he said, hope falling. She shook her head, "we have to run, and no, I ain't promising such a thing," she said, "now C'mon!"

The shadows looked visible now, meaning they were too close for their own good. "Run!" he whisper yelled, tugging at her hand ferociously, they ran. "You have to promise!" he said, his legs running speed. "You make the promise or I swear to Mother Heaven I'll stay back right now."

She stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes stray, "you wouldn't," she said through gritted teeth. A smug smile appeared on his face, "you know I would love. I'll survive."

The shadows gaining on them, "you're lacking time Diana," he said, his breath fanning her ear. She was insane to do this but she wouldn't let him go back, "No fair! You can't make me make insane promises!"

"Twenty seconds, we'll be trapped and you know I'm not letting you go back there Dy,"

She sighed, looking back, where the rapid footstep were gaining sound, "I count myself insane for doing this." With that her lips went pressing against his' in a complete meltdown, "But I wouldn't let you stay back, no matter how annoyingly insane you are," she took in an intake of air and sighed," I promise. Now RUN!"

She attempted to run but was held back. Her fear broke loose as her tears started to well up. She was pulled back, her face crashing with a hard chest that she was too familiar with, "not there," he pulled her towards the large shady tree, and pushed her up, "Climb. I'll be right behind you."

She climbed up the branch. They were skilled, or rather trained with fear. It was quite facile for them. "But the same goes for you," she said, her voice stern.

"Huh?"

"The promise," she said, "the same goes for you. You move ahead. Even if I'm not by your side."