CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: Talks And Plans.

The forests seemed dark. As the trees shaded most of the land, there wasn’t much of light available. Thin rays of light piercing through the leaves of the green bliss. It was the four of them only, they had left the girls back at a hotel for their safety.

They hadn’t had any contact with Ella and that scared them, especially Jake. Jake and Jack knew how bad things will get if they took more time. It will get worse than it already is.

Shawn had been trying to track Ella’s phone since they had left. They were scared yes, they were scared shitless. But they weren’t going down without a fight.

Black was all she saw. She was numb, she didn’t know how she felt, rather felt nothing. Her limbs were limply tied back, as well as her ankles tied together with ropes. As her eyes opened, she didn’t see anything but black, she was in a darkened room. The only light coming through was through a nano sized window, that wouldn’t even qualify for a window.

Staying her fears homed inside, she looked around, she eyes scared to even know what she was surrounded with. She smelt foul smell, but denied to know what it was. Dried blood.

Her nose crinkled at the smell of something she absolutely hated. Dried blood does not have a nice story behind it. Ever.

The tiny ray of light, looked just as tiny as her hope had fallen down to. Her hope, fallen down low, as she thought about Jake. If only she hadn’t walked out on him. 

If only she had stayed, she would’ve been there with him, at home.

She looked around, found nothing. Everything was nothing but black, except for that one tiny ray of light, that was fading away. Suppose, it was evening, the sun going down the horizon.

Everything looked like a lie to her, felt like a dream. It is a call, that’s all she’ll ever get from it. That hope was fading, just as the ray of light was. She was struggling to find herself sleeping, waking up with sweat beads on her forehead, the nightmare leaving her terrified, Jake right by her side, comforting her.

That did not happen.

 Instead, she heard a blood curling scream. The voice had screamed Bloody Murder. The scream had left Ella terrified, her eyes widening, lips trembling, breaths shaking and face paling. She was Petrified.

Her pupils dilated, as a light ran through the room, blinding her. A silhouette stood at the door, showing something she’d rather not see for her liking. The silhouette showed, a man, standing strong, a girl limping beside him. Her mess of hair, fisted in the balled up fist of the man. She was the voice that had screamed.

The man threw her across the room as she crashed to Ella’s feet. Ella felt a tickling liquid on her feet where the girl now lay. Blood.

Ella’s breath hitched in the back of her throat as she recognized the liquid on her feet. She had always hated violence, but yet it is quite ironic, how she hated blood but the pain and red liquid that oozed out when she cut herself, was satisfying for her.

She looked down at her wrist for a while trying to find her scars. She couldn’t see them in the black of the room. The door had been shut. In the short while, the door had been open and she was blessed with tiny bit of light, she had noticed the wavy long hair of the girl, and her hazel orbs filled with pain and sorrow.

She sighed, giving up on finding her scars anymore, she couldn’t see them but she knew they were there. Her eyes just needed a proof, a satisfaction.

“S-sorry,” the voice said, which she recognized the same as the one that had saved her.

“You have nothing to be sorry for, I should be thanking you,” she said.