Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter forty-seven

Srishti gulped harshly, feeling anxious because Sahil was suddenly eerily quiet. He seemed like he was replaying the scene in his mind as his jaw clenched and body tensed.

Abhinav Malhotra and Supriya Malhotra were tied in an arranged knot by her father who thought it was for the best.

Her father, the Commander-in-chief of the army was a strict man with principles and ethics. He needed things to be done his way and that was what happened when he chose a man for his daughter.

Supriya didn't want to marry Abhinav but afraid of her father, she didn't oppose back and followed his instructions until she was married to the guy, she knew nothing about.

Abhinav was a calm and cool guy and since he trusted his senior who was like a father to him, he agreed immediately failing to realize that he should've once atleast talked to the person he was marrying.

Things went smoothly for a while then, Abhinav and Supriya were happily married or it was just how it seemed.

Five years down the marriage, now with a child, Abhinav felt like he had achieved everything in his life, with his position in the army being promoted as well.

Just when everything was going well, one day when Abhinav returned home from his duty with a smile on his face and excitement of meeting his wife and his son, he didn't knew it was going to be the worst day of his life.

When he entered inside their room, Supriya wasn't there whereas Sahil, their son was in his crib playing with his toys.

"Aww champ, why are you alone here? Where is your Mumma?" He picked Sahil in his arms who seemed excited seeing his father, squealing on joy.

"Did you miss your Paa? Did you?" Abhinav kissed his son's head before he headed out to search for his wife.

He reached the living room and just then Supriya stepped in the living room as well, adjusting her saree.

Abhinav froze on his place as he took in his wife's disheveled state and the man behind her setting his hair.

Supriya who was totally unaware of his presence, turned towards the unknown man and smiled,

"You should leave now, I'll go and check on Sahil." She was going to leave but the man held her waist and pulled her close.

"Why do you want me to leave? Your husband is anyways not here. I can hang around for a while you know." He smirked and she giggled as he nuzzled in her neck.

Abhinav felt his rage building as he watched the scene before him. He stepped ahead while Sahil continued to play with his father's collar, babbling quietly.

"Well what a surprise, Mrs. Malhotra." Supriya and the man froze in fear hearing the voice. She turned around slowly and stared at him as if he was a ghost.

"I must say your surprise ousted mine. I can't beat you in that." The icy cold tone sent chills down her spine because in their five years of marriage, she had only heard him talking sweetly and politely.