Chapter Forty-One

Chapter forty-one

"Mr. Vishal Saxena, do I need to remind you that we're here for a business deal and not to discuss about my wife." The icy tone had Vishal raise his hands up in surrender. Srishti got a little uncomfortable and she so wished she had stayed back home.

The two men discussed about their deal while Srishti got busy with Ayaansh but she would time and again feel Vishal's gaze on her which made her nervous.

Some time later, Ayaansh started crying and despite Srishti's attempts to calm him down, he didn't stop, worrying Sahil.

"What's wrong? Is he hungry? Does he want a new toy?" Sahil asked in a worried tone and Srishti just chuckled in reply.

"Relax, Sahil. He's just not used to being around strangers for so long." She indicated towards Vishal who had been staring at the exchange between the two.

"Then I'll ─"

"No. I'll just take him for a tour around, you can carry on." She stood up with Ayaansh in her arms without waiting for his reply. Not wanting to sound rude, she turned towards Vishal and passed him a small smile.

"Excuse me," Vishal smiled back at her.

"It was nice meeting you, again." He commented and she gave a fake smile this time before leaving.

Sahil looked at him after she was gone and clenched his jaw seeing a goofy smile on his face. He took a deep breath before they decided to discuss the rest of the meeting.

"You have a beautiful wife, Mr. Malhotra." Vishal said once they were through the deal and Sahil was about to leave. He stopped and his eyes snapped at him.

"I suggest you keep your views and eyes both to yourself and focus only on this deal." Sahil warned in a cold tone and left without waiting for his reply.

When he found Srishti, he just pulled her out of the cafe ignoring her questions while Ayaansh found it exciting as he squealed.

"Sahil, what is wrong with you? Why did we just leave like this? I didn't even say goodbye to Mr. Saxena. Seems so rude." She huffed as they stepped inside their room.

Ayaansh immediately wiggled in her arms and she put him down. He crawled towards his toys section leaving his parents to their arguments.

"Well he wasn't your friend, Srishti that you wanted to say goodbye to him." Sahil said stiffly and she glared at him. What was up with him lately?

"Why are you behaving like my husband, Sahil?" The question was straight and blunt because she wanted to know why he was being like that when they had clearly agreed on only being Ayaansh's parents.

"Maybe because I am." He replied with the same bluntness and she grew annoyed.

"Yes, yes you are but only as a formality. Did you forget you don't do relationships and this marriage was only for Ayaansh?" She pointed out and he was silent.

They kept staring at each other for the longest time, none ready to back down. For Srishti, she really was getting annoyed and curious as to why he was behaving like that. And for Sahil, he was finding the answers himself.