Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter twenty-six

Gay? He's gay? Oh my God, that is why he married me? Because he didn't want to come out as gay infront of the whole world? Oh my God!

Srishti started hyperventilating as she heard Aditya's words and silence from the other side. She didn't hear Sahil accepting it but neither did he deny it.

"Srishti? Srishti, relax." Zevah tried to pacify her but she wasn't listening. Her breaths turned harsh and she started gasping for air.

Hearing Zevah's panicked voice, both Sahil and Aditya moved outside and saw Srishti's condition. Sahil moved forward and tried to hold her shoulders but she kept pushing him away.

"Srishti, what's wrong? Breathe. Just breathe." Aditya breathed deeply asking her to do the same and she tried to concentrate. He held her shoulders and she let him, which made Sahil to look at her and Aditya.

Few minutes later she was back to normal and sitting on the bed with Zevah by her side and the two men standing a little far. She drank some water on Zevah's insistence and sighed.

"But what happened all of a sudden?" Aditya's voice cut through the tension in the room and all eyes went on Srishti.

"I just ─I don't know." She sighed closing her eyes and tried to forget what she had heard even though she knew she couldn't.

"I need to talk to her, alone." Sahil announced staring straight at Srishti. Aditya shared a look with Zevah who looked ready to argue but he shook his head.

Huffing she looked away before both of them made their way out of the room. Sahil closed the door and walked back to where Srishti was pretending to sleep.

"Drop the act. I know you're not sleeping." He stated bluntly and she muttered some colorful words under her breath.

"What happened?" The question was direct and it made her uncomfortable. She shifted slightly while Sahil watched her every move with his hawk eyes.

"I─I heard what he said. I know the truth." She stuttered and immediately closed her eyes after that to avoid seeing his angry face.

As for Sahil, he grew confused as to what she was saying. What truth she was talking about? And why does she look so flustered?

"Which truth exactly are you talking about?" He asked and she shook her head in disbelief. Was he seriously asking her to say it out aloud?

"You know it. Why should I say it?" She said incredulously and he just looked at calm as ever. Did this man ever show any emotions? She tried to take a deep breath not wanting to think about it anymore.

"You need to speak clearly, Srishti so that we can talk it out like adults." He spoke after seeing her trying to calm herself and she shot him an annoyed look.

"Adults? You're talking about being adults when you hid this thing like an afraid person. I mean I know it must be difficult for you to find out of your shell but you didn't have to use me for that." Her tone was accusing in the end as her eyes narrowed in his direction.

Either she was crazy or that her mood swings were taking a toll on her. Sahil concluded as he watched her fiery glare directed at him.