Chapter Forty-Eight

Chapter forty-eight

It was Ayaansh's birthday and Srishti was already rushing here and there. She wanted her son's first birthday to be the best and so she would do everything in her power to make it best.

"Srishti," Sahil called her just when she was about to go to check on Ayaansh.

"Huh?" She looked at him, waiting for him to continue but it seemed like he was hesitating for some reason.

"I know you wanted Ayaansh's birthday to be private and with the four of us only present but I think it'll be more good for Ayaansh if we celebrate it at the orphanage." His words stunned her and she could only stare at him.

Of course she had thought about it but she just assumed that Sahil wouldn't like celebrating it anywhere else since it would increase the risk of exposing Ayaansh to the world.

"Are you sure? I mean what about the media?" She asked not sure but Sahil only nodded.

"I've got that covered, so if you're okay then I'll call Aditya." Sahil raised his eyebrows and Srishti sighed. She nodded and Sahil took out his phone dialing Aditya's number.

Until then Srishti decided to wake up Ayaansh and get him ready. When she walked inside the room, Ayaansh was already awake.

"Good morning, birthday boy." She cooed picking him up from the crib and Ayaansh gurgled seeing his mother.

"Happy birthday, my baby. You're already one year old. Why are you growing so fast?" She pouted and Ayaansh giggled making Srishti smile as well.

Just then she felt his presence behind her. He was too close, she could feel his chest pressed against her back and it made her heartbeat accelerate.

"Happy birthday, buddy." He wished Ayaansh as his hand came forward to hold the tiny hand.

Srishti felt trapped, she couldn't move nor could she speak anything. It was like her vocals had ditched her in that exact moment.

Ayaansh was speaking gibberish, happy to have his parents beside him on his birthday. He hugged his mother, his tiny fist wrapped around this father's finger.

"I'll.. uh.. I'll get him ready." Srishti mumbled and she could feel his eyes on her.

Why wasn't he moving away?

And so she started walking towards the bathroom but Sahil also followed making her frown. She turned back to ask him when she noticed Ayaansh holding his finger. She looked up at him and he shrugged in response making her chuckle.

"Ayaansh, leave Dadda's finger so Mumma can give you a bath." Srishti said softly but Ayaansh ignored her and kept holding his finger.

"It's okay, let me just stay beside him while you give him a bath." Sahil said and Srishti nodded helplessly.

Inside the bathroom, Ayaansh squealed, flapping his little hands in water and splashing it on his Mumma and Dadda in the process.

"Ayaansh, stop." Srishti laughed trying to stop him whereas Sahil only had a small smile on his face. He wasn't fazed at all as his clothes got wet, it just made his heart swell in happiness seeing his son happy.