Chapter Fifty-Five

Chapter fifty-five

A week flew by and Sahil was still trying to find ways to repent for his mistake. Of course he tried but it wasn't all those mushy, romantic things like sending flowers or giving cards.

Nope. He just wasn't going to do that.

Instead he tried to spend time with her and Ayaansh, getting to know what she likes, dislikes and from what he gathered, he knew she definitely hates it when he tries to ask her if she needs his help.

This one time he asked her, if she needed any help in rearranging Ayaansh's toys, she gave him a sharp look at first before smiling sweetly.

Honestly, he would've preferred her glare over her smile because that smile was more deadly.

"Of course. I need your help." She said in an extra sweet voice and he eyed her warily.

"I need you to stay away from me." The spitfire she was, he knew it wasn't going to be an easy task getting her to forgive him.

Thankfully, she hadn't brought up the topic of divorce again and it somewhat relieved him but that didn't mean he was fully relaxed. Srishti was unpredictable and Sahil was always alarmed whenever she looked deep in thoughts.

His only option to distract her from her thoughts was Ayaansh.

Ayaansh was another copy of his mother. A mini version.

He enjoyed his mother's company more than his father's and that was somehow offensive for Mr. Malhotra. He would try to take Ayaansh from Srishti or lure him with toys but the stubborn kid would ignore him with his mother around.

Srishti looked smug about it and kept rubbing it in his face at every chance.

Not to forget, he was now sleeping in his room all alone, again. And for some reason, he never had a peaceful sleep since the two left the room. Tossing and turning around all night, had become his new pass time.

Once, just once, he took Ayaansh with him in his room when he was asleep and Srishti only shrugged because she knew how that was going to end.

Not a minute later, he put Ayaansh on the bed, he woke up and frowned looking around. Sahil then realised he was an awkward person when it came to distract kids.

He ended up bringing Ayaansh back to his mother, who smirked at him causing him to grumble under his breath.

"Srishti, I need to ask you about something." Sahil saw her busy in the kitchen but he had to have talk with her. This was important.

"What?" She simply asked continuing her work and never looking at him.

He sighed. "It's about the media."

That caught her attention and she stopped. Turning around she looked at him with fear in her eyes.

"What? Do they know about Ayaansh and I?" She desperately wanted the answer to be no because it was going to be a lot more complicated if they found out.

"Not yet. But they are surely suspicious." He revealed and she nibbled on her lower lip with a worried look on her face.