Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter forty-six

It was seven forty and there was still no sign of Sahil. Srishti sighed as she glanced at the entrance for the nth time and then chuckled to herself. What exactly was she doing? Keeping hopes? Expectations? Just because he said he would be early didn't mean he was asking her to wait for him.

With another sigh leaving her lips, she got up and checked on Ayaansh who seemed to be sleeping soundly. A smile formed on her lips knowing he was going to be up later in the night and give her a hard time. But that's how babies are, innocent and carefree. Growing up was sure messed up.

A few moments later as she stood on the terrace watching the bright city lights, the breeze flowing through created a sense of calmness inside her. 

"I guess you like the terrace more than any place in the house." Startled she turned around and found him leaning on the wall as he stared at her. 

"How long have you been here?" She questioned and he shrugged as he pushed himself off the wall and walked towards her. 

"Not too long." Sahil stuffed his hands inside his pockets and stood by her side as she continued staring at him.

"I know I'm pretty handsome but try not to stare at me for too long." He commented and Srishti grew red from embarrassment. 

"I wasn't staring at your face." She cleared her throat, trying to cover her embarrassment.

 "Sure, you weren't. Have you eaten yet?" He turned to look at her and she did the same, only that her face held a big question mark.

"What are you doing? Are you sick? Did you hurt your head somewhere?" She questioned as she continued to stare at him in disbelief.

"Why? Is it unusual for me to act like this? Does it make you uncomfortable?" He questioned back and she shivered deliberately.

"Ofcourse. You're giving me chills. So please stop behaving so nice towards me." She looked away and he chuckled softly. 

"What exactly do you want? If I am cold towards you, you complain of me being rude and a jerk. Now when I'm being a little nice, you don't want that either?" His stare made her squirm but she didn't show it to him, instead looked back into his eyes and answered,

"I don't want you to change because you have to, do that if you really want to. And about treating me, I'm fine unless you don't take away the only important thing in my life." She said sincerely and they continued to stare at each other for a more few minutes.

"I'm not going to separate you from Ayaansh." He stated as she searched his eyes for something. 

"That's good then." She smiled and turned to the front again.

Both grew silent but it was a comfortable one before she decided to break it.

"Have you eaten?" 

"I did, with a client." 

"That's good. I did as well." 

"Well, I thought you would prepare something for me since I mentioned coming early today." He joked and she scoffed.

"Don't flatter yourself. I was just going to sleep early today." She lied and he nodded with a hint of smirk on his face.