42. No remorse

Jen POV

Startled awake in the morning by a beeping sound I groan and wave my arm to turn it off.

Mid waving I hit something followed by a husky groan. My eyes snapped open and I turn my head looking right into the hazel green orbs I have come to fall inlove with.

"Why so violent in the morning Gattina?" (Kitten) he said with his sexy morning voice.

Seeing the shock on my face he chuckled and slowly sat up.

"Forgot I was here huh?"

"Yeah." I replied quietly.

I sat there taking the events of yesterday in and a small blush made it to ny face.

He loves me?

I didn't realize he leaned in infront of me so the tip of our noses are slightly touching. His eyes showed love and they shone brightly.

"I haven't slept that well since you disapeared." He said truthfully.

"I'm sorry." I looked down my hands that played with the hem of my pajama shirt.

"Hey." He grabbed my chin making me look at him again. "It's not your fault and it doesn't matter anymore. You're here now and you're going to stay. Si?" (Yes) he pecked my lips.

"Si." (Yes) I replied thinking of Mia. I will have to find her and convince her it's okay to stay.
First I need to settle some things.

-

I walked beside Gio down the basement feeling chill go down my spine. None of the times I've been down here have been plesant and I doubt this time will be any different.

We stopped outside a steel door and Gio looked at me worry shown on his face.

"You sure about this?" He asked.

"Is he alive?" I asked him back.

"I think so. I only saw him once when we came back and Angelo stopped me from seeing him as we need information and I almost killed him for what he did to you."

I saw his jaw clench as if thinking back to that day pained him. I put my hand on his chest and felt him instantly relax under my touch.
I nodded so that he could know I'm okay.

He opened the door and I was shocked with the sight infront of me. If I didn't look closely I would never recognize him. His face swelled in bruises and cuts, blood covered his body that hang forward in the chair that he was chained to. I almost felt bad for him.

When I took a step inside his body jerked at the sound. Slowly he lifted his head and the familiar brown eyes stared into mine. A flash of recognicion and surprise passed by his eyes.

"You?" His voice hoarse like he haven't had any water for days.

"Ciao Marco." I said coldly.

I felt Giovanni's pressece behind me but no sounds were made. I was angry and sad but mostly disapointed because I don't know why he did what he did.

There was a moment of silence where we just stared at eachother trying to figure out what to say. Finally I broke the silence.

"Why?" I asked anget laced my voice.

He raised an eyebrow at me as if he didn't understand what I meant.

"Why did you do it?" I explained as I asked again.

"I guess they didn't tell you." He scoffed.
"U menya russkaya krov'. YA russkiy." (I have russian blood. I am russian)

My eyes widened in shock of the information.

Who Is The Unknownजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें