35. Struggle

Jen POV

A pounding headache woke me up and as I tried opening my eyes I squinted because of the blinding light. Groaning I put my hand over my head and rub it. Someone handed me pills and a glass of water to which I in a hurry drank with my eyes closed. Giving the glass back I lean back on the soft bed and whine, a familiar deep sounding chuckle sent shivers down my spine and the memories of yesterday rushed back.

I opened my eyes and stared right into the icy blue eyes that used to make my knees weak.
Shock coursed through my body and I franatically look around the very familiar room, his room.

My eyes widened in realization that I am no longer in Italy but now in Russia. Looking back at him I see his gaze never left me.
His gaze bore into me and I know he could see my brain trying to wrap my head around what's happening. We just sat on the bed staring at eachother without making a sound.

We got pulled out of the staring competition when someone knocked on the door.

"Vkhodit'" (Enter). Hearing him speak got me trembling.

A maid came in with a tray filled with food with her head down. They had a rule here, never stare into the Don's eyes as it's seen as a disrespect.

Nikolai got up from the bed and walked to her and I see her poor hands start to shake the closer he gets. Without paying her any attention he took the tray and walked back to the bed placing it beside me.

The maid still stood in the middle of the room too scared to move. I looked at him and he looked at me, my gaze moved to the maid and his eyes followed mine. I saw anger flash by his eyes and his mouth opened to curse at her.

I placed my hand on his which made him snap his attention back to me. My attention was on the maid as I spoke.

"You can leave, thank you." I said with a calm tone.

She looked up at me in shock and still stood there not daring to moove and she then looked at Nikolai when I heard a low growl coming from his throat indicating his anger.
I sighed and squeezed his hand which made his furrowed brows and glare relax.

"Ukhodi ili on ub'yet tebya." (Leave or he will kill you) I spoke with certainty.

Nodding fast she practically ran out of the room closing the door lightly.
A low chuckle came from beside me and I furrowed my brows when looking back at him.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Plamya, only you can calm my storm." (Flame) he spoke with care.

I quickly adverted my gaze away from him and looked anywhere but at his comforting blue eyes. My heart squeezed itself when I felt his soft hand caressing mine. When I didn't say anything he sighed.

"Eat." He pushed the tray filled with food closer to me.

I looked at the tray filled with my favoruite foods and felt my hunger start to appear.

"They're all your favorites." He spoke sadly. "Or they were. I guess I don't know you no more." He said quickly before standing up and about to walk away.

"Did you really know me Nik?" I asked him with a shaky voice.

"I did." He said codly still having his back on me. "Then you left." His voice hurt.

He took quick strides out of the room and closed the doors.

I sat there staring at the closed door not beeing able to comprehend that I'm back to this hellhole. I felt goosebumps all over my body when I thought of what's going to happen with me now.

Sitting on his bed I feel the softmattress underneath me and the smell of his oaky cologne filled the room. I could feel his preccense by the smell without him beeing here. Thinking back this is the first time I'm on his bed, in his room like this.

He always held an appropriate distance to me always promising of marriage before making me his. A pang hit my chest at the thought of the past with him.

My attention was brought up when the door opened. My blood ran cold and I felt my body freeze when Mira stepped into the room.

She had a ugly scar still a bit red from my damage on her. She looked at me with a glare and smiled at me wickedly. She practically ran and jumped on the bed wrapping both her hands around my neck trying to squeeze the air out of my lungs.

Clawing at her hands and trying to push her off me I realized she is much stronger than I am. I tossed and turned weaving my arms around hitting the tray of food sending it down the floor and broke the plates.

"Hahhahahah!!!" He laughed evily. "I will kill you! My brother brought you here for me to kill you!!" She yelled in my face and squeezed harder.

My eyes popped at ther statement and tears started to form in my eyes. Did he really want me dead? I felt lightheadded so I stopped struggling and accepted that this is my fate.

Closing my eyes an images flashed by my mind. Giovanni. How ironic.

Suddenly her weight were no longer on me and air could fill my lungs again. Gasping for air I feel my throat burn and tears fall down my face.

Looking to the side I see Ivan holding Mira back while she struggle to fight back.

"MIRA! What are you doing?" Ivan yelled while he tightens his grip around her.

"Let me go Ivan! She needs to die! Look what she did to me?!" Mira yelled back still struggling.

"Mira!" Ivan turned her to look at him and she somehow calmed down. "What about what you did to her at the training facility? All the torture you ordered on her that she didn't deserv! What about that Mira?!"

My eyes widened in surprise of Ivan's words.

"She deserved it!" Her voice now low and calm.

"Mira." Ivan cupped her face and looked into her eyes. "I kept it a secret from your brother all those years ago to keep you safe thinking you were young and stupid, but why are you still like this?"

His worried eyes and question seemed to infuriate her more when she smacked his hand away and glared at him.

"Why do you always protect her? Why do you only care about her? What about me?! Look at my face Ivan!" She was full on crying while yelling at him.

My eyes widened when realizing she hated me because of Ivan. Because she was inlove with him. Because he cared about me.

"Mira I-" Ivan started but Mira stopped him.

"I hate you! Why don't you care about me?!" She was now hitting his chest as tears fell down her face.

"Mira, he's only like a brother to me." I said calmly, she snapped her face to me angry.

"You whore! You steal everything from me! My brother! Ivan! I should've killed you long ago!"

I see her lunge herself at me and before anything could happen the door slammed open revealing a furious Nikolai. I flinched back when I met his glare and his body screamed danger. It shook me to the core.

"MIRA!" His voice made the hairs on my neck stand up.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

Do you think Nikolai and Jen will resolve their problems? Will they reconcile?

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!