26

Charlie's POV

I woke up to a sweat starting to form all over my body. I moved to get out of bed and it was then that I noticed that I was in fact alone.

"Camilla?" I shouted.

I rushed to get dressed and hurried downstairs to find her in the kitchen, occupying one of the chairs.

"Oh thank god Camilla, I thought you le- get the fuck out!" I sneered once I noticed my so called father sat at the table.

"Charlie, let him explain." Camilla said.

"Explain... you want to let him explain after everything he's done, he slapped me, I'm his daughter. Camilla, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one who's trying to kill you." I joked. My dad froze. Camilla seemed to notice this and backed away from him a little.

"You." I seethed out to him.

"Get out."I ordered him, as I pushed the contact on my phone that sent out a distress signal to the boss.

"Charlie, you don't understand, you are set to take over the Mafia and you're here prancing around with your little girlfriend."

"Get out!"

Camilla grabbed onto my arm and I shoved her behind me protectively.

"Do you think being gay is going to make you look stronger, you disgust me Charlie, you're a Monaco, but you don't act like one." he reached behind him and yanked out his gun.

"Charlie." Camilla whispered out in fear.

"Make one move and I'll shoot you, and don't think I won't, you don't deserve to be a Monaco." He seethed.

Do I move. Is it an empty threat. I need Camilla to be safe, I need her to be alive. My hands grasped onto her shoulders, shoving her out of the kitchen and shutting the door.

"Charlie?!" She shrieked.

I heard the click of the gun and turned back to my father.

"This isn't how I expected us to end up dad. After everything that happened, this is the last thing I thought would be the answer to the questions that have followed me around. I spent years trying to prove myself. I spent weeks trying to save Camilla because your best friend required my help, and it was you all along. You betrayed us all." His glare remained as he stared at me.

"Charlie, you're taking everything I've made away from me!" he growled at me."Do you know how hard I've worked to get this far in life? To provide you with everything you've ever asked for? And your mother, don't even get me started, she picked you over me in every situation the moment you were born, no matter how many tines you were in the wrong!" And with that he let out his first shot. My body hit the floor and the echo of the shot bounced off the walls.

There was silence. I couldn't feel the pain but I knew something was wrong. I felt warm liquid trickling down my abdomen, realising that I had been hit. It wasn't the wall behind me. It wasn't the floor beneath me. It wasn't a warning shot to try and make me cower. He had shot me.

"Dad. All I ever wanted was you. You taught me everything I know." I breathed out, clenching my grip around my wound. "Now I've learned that the people you love the most will hurt you the most too. I never intended to take anything from you Dad. I love that you've always... always been there for me. But I can't change the fact that I am going to take over, whether you say so or not. It's something I have to do. And I'm sorry that means getting rid of you." I staggered out, barely managing.

And then another shot rung out. This time I felt it. And yet again there was silence but not for long as I heard sirens and heavy breathing. The breathing seem to get closer to me and I scrunched my eyes closed trying to block out everything. The pain. The hurt. The past. I focused on last night with Camilla. She said she loved me. She actually admitted that she lo-
A shot rang again and this time I felt a heavy weight on me.

"Charlie where are you?" it was boss.

"Please!" I cried out.

"Shit." he cursed as he scrambled to move my father off me. He was still alive. He was still breathing.

"I need an ambulance now, keep Camilla away!" Boss demanded.

"Charlie stay with me."

"how d-do you know my name?" I breathed out.

"Careful now ... I knew your mother, we used to be close friends, so whe- Charlie, stay awake...char..."All sound around me cut off and I was left with nothingness. I was left with my own mind, my inner self. I was left to think over everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoying it ?

👋