38-Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camilla's POV

What the fuck was she doing here. In England. At work.

She was stood in front of me having a showdown with Beatrice, who I'd never actually liked. But. What the fuck was she doing here????

Also, I know it might seem weird me working in an office, but I'm only here whenever Meghan needs extra help. I still work at the hospital. But getting paid extra never hurt a fly. And no, I didn't need the money, but it's always good to have another bank account with savings incase something bad was to happen.
It's life after all. It's England.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

Meghan turned towards the woman and stepped up to her.

"What are you doing Bea?" She asked.

"This bitch is trying to steal my place." She sneered.

"This bitch is my sister." Meghan spat out and walked back to her office.

"I wouldn't want your place darling, I don't need it." I said and left, waving to all of my fellow people and taking one last glance at Camilla, leaving the girl speechless.

The elevator doors closed and we were headed down, back to the lobby.

"That was golden C, you should joke more often, it's good for you." Jake said and smiled towards me.

"Yeah, well there's not gonna be much of that going on soon." I breathed out.

"I know Charlie, but you'll be okay." He said, and hugged me with one arm and then moved to the door of the elevator as it opened.

Once we made it back out to the car, we were driven to our apartment. I was looking forward to the time I could spend without Jake being on edge all the time.

Sophia had bought the whole building, for the rest of our people to stop in whilst we were on the too floor. We also had one of our secretaries on the ground floor and guards place on every door, every room on every floor.

We couldn't be too careful, after all my dad had rebelled against me, meaning he had rebelled against the whole mafia. He would have had to have had a plan.

Meaning someone could come after me or the people I cared about. Sophia had also sent a gang to each of our friends and families house's. We were set for war, but no one really acknowledged it.

We arrived at our building, with a whole bunch of cars following, each here to stay with us.

I got out and waited for everyone else to park and join me in the lobby. Once the first gang arrived, I sent them to the first floor.

The second to the second floor, and so on, all the way up to the 28th floor, where I was stopping. These apartments weren't normal. They were built especially for royalty, but no royalty needed it at this time, so it was ours now.

This wasn't even a quarter of the mafia in America, let alone the world. My people respected me, and I was glad I had this many people willing to help.

There were at least 3 apartments on every floor and each apartment consisted of 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room and finally a balcony.

We had snipers placed on the roof, but gave them time to exchange as it was unfair to keep them up there all the time. We had huts built up there for them, but still I felt the need to let them rest for a while. There were three teams on rotation at every guard post.

My floor had three apartments too, one for me and Jake with a spare bedroom. One for the head of security and his family. And then one for Jake's family, which involved his mum, dad and 5 year old brother.

His brother's name was Damon, and I loved him to pieces.

Jake's parents became my guardians whilst I was in America and it was only right that I gave them the same love. We had extra guards placed on this floor, incase Damon decided to go walk about.

Damon and I had become close, he like to play hide and seek with me and he loved cuddling. He called me CharlieBear, I know ... cute but I had to warn him not to call me that in front of people, else they'd never let it go.

Obviously it was just a joke, I loved the fact that he called me that, let's just say I had a soft spot for him.

They had kept him out of school to keep him safe but I had tutored him in every way I could, I even took online classes just to make sure I knew what I was teaching him was right for his age.

He was like my little angel. I treated him like my own child.