20

Camilla's POV

I have decided to take a stand against Charlie. She's ignored me for weeks now and it's starting to really piss me off. I've invited Mike over. Whether she likes it or not, she will have to sit there and watch it happen just like I had to sit here in silence for the past few weeks and watch her do what she does, whilst ignoring me.

I can't have her treating me like shit. I've had it. She's practically asked for it. What more does she expect? Me to stand single and watch her ignore me when I'm right in front of her. It doesn't feel great being ignored and for her case, I'm pretty sure it won't feel nice sitting there watching me fraternise with the enemy.

She wants to play cat and mouse. Bring it on because this is going to hurt ten times more than she thinks. It's gonna hurt me too, but I'm ready for it. She's not.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

I had woken up early so I could greet our parents coming back. It seems like Camilla had the same idea as she was sat at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee. She was dressed normally in joggers and a hoodie which was a relief because that meant that I wasn't going to be the only one who didn't get dressed up for mum and dad coming back.

I sat next to her about to start a conversation about how long she'd been up when I was stopped by the sound of my phone ringing. I immediately answered.

"Hello, what is it?" I asked harshly.

"Calm down MC you might want to hear me out." It was boss.

"Of course, go on." I said, calmer.

"We have decided to ease on Camilla's case, we can't find any records of a corrupt copper so we believe its someone closer to her, its in your hands, we are just waiting for your command." He said.

"Keep looking Chief, you can't stop, we have to keep her safe. We need to meet, I know who it is."I said looking over to Camilla to find her already looking at me.

I ended the call and put my phone back down, not once breaking eye contact with her.

"You know who it is?" She asked, worried. But I couldn't give her an answer, because it would be the same thing I've said every time.

She broke the silence, "I hope it's okay that I invited my boyfriend to the party later, he's missed me."My heart sank on its own accord at the mention of her boyfriend, I looked away and just nodded.

But it was all but okay. What a coincidence.

DING DONG

"You shouldn't be here yet?!" I snarled at him.

"I'm here to see my girlfriend."He smirked.
"Babe I'm here!" He shouted through the house as I hadn't let him in yet.

Camilla came running towards him, enveloping him in a hug.

"Oh shit." I mumbled and walked off, slamming the door only to be opening it again a second after.

"What the fuck do you want now?" I seethed without even looking to see who it is.

"Now that's no way to welcome back your parents now is it." The familiar voice of my dad broke my mood. I plastered a smile on my face and gave them both hugs.

"Where's Mr and Mrs Henderson ?" I voiced my thoughts, confused.

"They decided to go home to get ready for the party and then come back." My mother answered. I nodded and opened the door fully, so they could come in.

They stopped dead in their tracks when they came face to face with the devil.
"Sorry, excuse the mess, I forgot to take the trash out." I spat, dragging Mike towards the door.

A hand grabbed me, " What do you think you're doing?" Camilla shouted. I let go of him and walked to the kitchen to get a drink, there was no way I was gonna watch them both, and I knew that he wouldn't try anything whilst there were other people here.

"Who is he?"My dad asked furiously.

"Don't worry, it's Camilla's boyfriend."I emphasised on boyfriend just to make them get it that I didn't like him.

"He's going to the party later so you might want to meet him, unless you don't and I'll get rid of him before the party has even begun." I said hopefully.

"Charlie?" Mum asked, eyebrows rose. I nodded, knowing exactly what she meant. She wanted to know if that was him.

They wondered off to meet him and that was that.

A few hours later we were all ready for the party. A few people from the mafia were here and I also invited Jack and his boyfriend. At least I wouldn't be lonely. We had the biggest table but it still wasn't big enough for all of us to fit on.
"I'll sit here and then Camilla's brother and his boyfriend will have to sit on another table." The devil said.

"Got a problem dickface."I seethed at him.

He glared at me and answered, "I'm sk glad you asked, you...you're the problem, Camilla here has told me all about you, I hate gays." He said furiously. I looked at Camilla and she was glaring at him.

"All of us? Bit harsh don't you think?"

"Fuck off dyke." He said, dismissing me.

"Oh I get it. Got walked over by a gay girl. Your poor ego." I chuckled, rolling my eyes at him.

"Say it again." He raised his eyebrows, daring me.

"Enough." My dad announced and we quietened down.

"Yes, enough, I'll be sitting with Jack and his boyfriend." I said calmly.

I stood up, knocking the chair over in the process but not picking it up. I stormed off to the entrance to meet Jack when he gets here.

I leant on the door frame and waited. They weren't here yet and I'd been waiting for about half an hour. I decided to ditch waiting for them and just sat on a table one across from the family table. I watched the interaction between Camilla and Mike.

Camilla looked uncomfortable, but said nothing about it. I focused my full attention on Camilla. The way she changed mood when her mother and father looked at her and how she plastered on a smile, then she turned and looked directly at me. She had stopped listening to Mike, which caused him to turn around to see what she was staring at or more like who.

He rose an eyebrow at me in warning, and I immediately turned away.

------------------------------------------

Enjoooyyy the chapter ? Me too. Please comment anything you want , relating to the story or not , just be nice please 🙏

👋