Chapter 2: Trouble breathing

Mackenna's POV

I woke up hearing a sound coming from my right.

Not wanting that person to know that I'm awake I only opened my eyes a little to see a man in the room standing next to the bed I'm laying on.

Then something came crashing down on me. I'm on a bed, I'm not in the cell chained to the wall anymore.

Looking around the room, slowly , trying not to be seen by the man I saw that I'm in a room with a lot of machinery.

White walls, bedding, curtains. Everything. Confusion and fear was all I could feel at that moment. Where am I? Have I been kidnapped by someone else? Will they hurt me just like JC did?

Suddenly I heard a beeping noise increase, frantically looking around trying to find the source and saw a weird looking machine.

My fear only increased more when I heard footsteps pounding hard on the ground while the male kept me down.

My breathing quickened and I could feel my heart pounding hard against my chest.

I tried to sit up straight and take all the wires that were conected to me off but the man noticed and tried to stop me.

"Hey, hey it's ok. You're safe now." He tried to reassure me but it didn't work. I didn't believe him.

That's exactly what JC told me when we first arived in the hell hole.

I backed up with my hand out in front of my face for protection, when he tried to put his hands out.

He had a surprised look on his face and it turned to sadness and then anger in a matter of seconds.

He ran out of the room with inhuman speed after punching a dent in the wall.

Still sitting on the bed shaking, with my knees up against my chest and tears flowing down. I just stared at the new dent in the wall.

I thought of all the things that happened in the past few hours.

Me getting the beating of a life time and Soph still trying to talk me out of staying at that awfull place. How could she say that after he threatened to take her life away?

I don't know what I would do without her. She taught me everything I know.

I just hope that she is alright. Is she here, or did they leave her in a sell to die somewhere? I began to panic even more. The person who is like a mother to me is no where I know of.

After a while I heard someone walking towards this room so I quicly stood up, trying to get away.

I was pulled back by the wires and fell onto the bed.

I got so irritated with it I just ripped it out and didn't pay any attention to the blood flowing down my hand.

I heard the beeping noise go flat making a long beep. Quickly I tried to stand back up again.

I headed out on search for mom praying she'd be alright, and safe. Walking around this big building and saw a lot of people just walking around.

I thought that they would get their leader to come and punish me for walking out of the room without permission but no such thing happened.

And I'm truely greatful for that, I don't think I'd be able to go through another beating. Not before I find her.

Trying to go unnoticed I walked up to double glass doors and opened it up only to see the things I thought I would never get to see again.

Nature... Tall trees, grass, the sky. Every little detail was so beautiful it all seemed like a really good dream.

And I was so scared of waking up in the sell again.