Chapter Fourteen

The dorm is silent when I walk in. The lights are out. And in the bedroom Noel is on the bed with her head in her hands. Cindy sits beside her. Something so awful has happened that no one is screaming. No one is shouting. All they can do is sit in the dark looking at there hands. "Cindy." I murmur. I'm Afraid of annoying there stillness. Noels head flings up her black eyes filled with rage. "Where trapped in this shit. All of us." I give her a confused face. "I don't understand." Which I clearly don't. Something informs me that I don't want to know.

"Element. This element shit is all a fake. We're fake. We are ordinaries with a mark. That's all. That's all we are. Our minds are filled with myths that I actually believed. We are trapped here for good. For a solid good of ten miserable years. And what are we going to do?" Noel looks at me as if I'm suppose to answer her questions. "We are filling are minds with more shit. Hell! This water creature doesn't exist so why bother looking for that trash. Or these elements. We don't exist. We. Are. Fake." I still look at her.

"So you telling me that I'm nothing?" I ask her. I come in here wanting to feel my bed rather than the cold, hard ground. I wanted to take a warm bath. I wanted to eat some food than having berries and leaves. And I come in here to get told by a girl who never wanted to speak to me that elements are fake? The thing I am is a fake. She nods.

"Any proof?" I ask. Cindy gets up. "I've been trying to ask her that for the past 30 minutes." She whispers standing next to me. She then looks at Noel like she's a victim or suspect in some kind of crime.

"During the scavenger hunt Cameron and I were wondering around. We came to a large fence. Cameron decided to climb it and I followed. When we did there where multiple walls behind the fence almost like they didn't want us to leave at all." She takes a deep breath. " I suggested to find an exit so at least I'm aware that I'm not trapped inside this dog house. We walked around several times for 7 hours following a wall. A wall Skylar." Cindy chuckles beside me but I pinch her arm. It's dark so Noel wouldn't see the planted smile on my face. We are getting more insane. "There's no way out."

"Then how did I get in?" I ask her. She struggles. I can see her silhouette fiddle with her fingers. Her head shaking like a madman. "I... I don't know."

"Then stop your dreams and go back to sleep." I whisper as I walk towards my bed covering my head with    The blanket. Forget the bath and the food. I just need sleep. I slowly drift away before Noel covers my head with any of her no sense.

I'm lost outside in the Forrest. All I hear are my footsteps and my heart. I don't think I'm breathing because if I was I would have been out of breath already. I'm running fast. But I don't know why. I know I'm running from someone. But I don't know who. I'm surrounding by walls formed in a square. A fence in the beginning. I keep running until I find my self at the exact same place of my starting point. I'm probably behind my chaser. Or the chaser is behind me. The only thing I can do is climb the fence. Or run out into the wild. But it's dark and the animals are near.

Instead I find my self grabbing the fence. My eyes go everywhere. Wake up. I know it's a dream for some reason. But I don't want to wake up. The fence is tall. But it worries me that it was not protected. It's like there asking me to leave. Or this is only stage one out of one hundred. I reach the top and jump only to be greeted with the head ground and another wall. This time this one is made up of all rocks. I don't climb it. Instead I walk around the small area. Going in circles again and again. My chaser realizes that I'm probably up the fence. So I start climbing the rocky wall. Quickly reaching the top and jumping off.

For no surprise I meet another wall. The brick wall. My patience is now gone and I begin to try climbing this wall. I struggle to get up. I've climbed more walls than insane people do in a life times. I am insane.

Once I reach the top I have the courage to stand up and look around me. My eyes does not believe what it sees. I feel the sweat run down my neck. I hear only the my heart. I don't think I'm breathing because if I was I would have already been out of breath. I'm probably holding it because what I find is a dozen of walls after another. All made up of different things. The last wall I see is an electric fence. I can hear it buzz from here and my heart beats faster, as if it can't get faster. I look up to find only a couple of birds flying. Others move in different direction like the air I breath is poisonous to them. I chuckle though this is not funny... A little.

But I stop one I watch an airplane flying towards the quarters. It doesn't even pass the medal wall when it starts to fall. Smoke flares up and it hits me. I'm  stuck under a dome.