Chapter 42

"Alexzandero get your mother fucking hands off of her now" I growl despite the wind picking up. His face pales when he sees me. He backs away from Phoebe. The image of his hand on her legs and his mouth on her neck ignites me.
"She wanted it man" he says trying to defend himself.

I walk over to him in furry.
"Don't do anything you'll re-" my fist connects to his jaw he staggers but disappointingly he caught his balance. Blood trickle at the side of his mouth and he wipes it away looking at me with fuming eyes.
"So you're going to fight me for that bitch" he growls, my anger is nearly at its peak he better shut the fuck up before he spits more than fucking blood.

I look over at her and she looks lost out of this world as if she's in shock.
"Fuck off Alex" I growl. His eyes fill in amusement and I roll my eyes.
"Oh I get it now.." he says smirking.
"Get what?" I question.
"Don't act dumb....You know the thing we played back home" he says rubbing his palms together in a greedy manner.
"No. Just go" I growl. He gives me one last look and then Phoebe.

"See you around Ice" he says to me. Shit,I always hated that prick and that name. I walk over to Phoebe and take her cheeks into my palms. I know we are supposed to be avoiding each other but this damn fucked up universe always have something in mind.
"Phoebe..." I begin.
"Look at me" I demand she doesn't budge.
"I said look at me" I tell her trying to control my rising anger. She finally turns her head my way all I see are tear stained cheeks and a mute little girl infront of me.

"I wanna go home" she sobs holding onto her sandals. I nod and take off my jacket then put it around her. It feels so long since I've been near her even though I was just yesterday. Her familiar scent invades my senses and I feel the need to touch her. Damn you alcohol.
"You know the thing we played back home"
Alex's voice rings in my head and I shake my head trying to discard the memories. As soon as we reach the car Phoebe doesn't waste a minute to go in and buckle herself up. I went in after and did the same. I'm on the residential road within seconds Phoebe rests her head against the window.

"Who brought you here?" I ask. She still remains silent. I grip the steering wheel and bite down in my lips to avoid cussing her. Fuck that.
"Who god dammit?!" I hit the steering wheel she brings her knees up to her chest and lie down on her knee caps. She's still silent so I leave her be. We arrive at her house and I park in her driveway. She mumbles a thank you and comes out of the car. She enters into her house and I remember she has my jacket. I was about to knock on the door but it isn't closed.

I step in and walk up to her room taking the nine steps two at a time. I open her room door and a bundle of white pills drops from a container she has in her small hands. I walk over to her and she whimpers. Her eyes fill with tears and I move to take the container from her hands but she backs away before I could grab it.
"I'm here for my jacket" I tell her eyeing the container. She nods and points to the bed. Why is she so silent?

I eye the container once more and act as if I'm walking over to her bed then snatch the container from her hand and hold it up from her reach.

Phoebe's POV

He snatches my pill bottle from my hand. I wanted to tell them but not now especially when I'm like this.
"Brent please no" I cry he still has the container in his hand trying to read the labels.
"Anxiety pills" his voice is full of surprise and he turns to look at me. Tears stream down on my cheeks and I find it hard to breathe.

"Why didn't you say anything?" His eyes void of emotions and it only makes it worse, him here only makes it worse. I plop down on the floor and curl into a ball.
"I-I was going to"I sob even harder. He looks pissed and a frown is covering his beautiful face. Why am I thinking about that now?
The events of tonight replays in my mind and if it wasn't for him who knows what would've happened to me.

"Here" he hands me a glass of water and two pills. I didn't even see when he exited the room. I take the both of them and place the glass beside of me. I start taking up the pills that fell to the ground earlier when his hand grabs my wrist. I gasp.
"Come" he says and helps me stand.
"Pills,I " I try forming a sentence but fail. I walk over with him to my bed,he lays down on his back and drags me with him. I lie on his hard chest and he soothes my hair. He smells like scotch and cigarettes but his signature smell of mint still stands. I inhale deeply taking in his every scent, I know it isn't healthy to be this near him after what he did to me but I can't help it.

He's drunk maybe a little tipsy and I'm having a panic attack...... wait not anymore. My breathing is stable and his is slowly getting normal. He can't sleep here dad will hang him.
"Brent" I say tiredly.
"Shhhh" he shushes me.
"But you have to-"
"Shhhh Red Head sleep" he soothes my hair and I feel my eyelids getting heavier by the second. This is all going to end tomorrow so I guess I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. What?

Brent's POV

I walk down to the kitchen and fill a glass of water. Why haven't she told anyone? She doesn't have to tell me but at least Bri. What am I even thinking? I'm surprised at how I drive here in one peace in my drunken state. The situation must of sober me up a bit. I walk back up the stairs and into her bedroom.
"Here"
I hand her the water and pill I found inside the container. She looks at them then me and takes them;then place the glass beside her before she starts picking up the pills.

Before my mind could process what I'm doing I grab her wrist and she gasps. I know she's having a panic attack right now even if she tries hiding it.
"Come" I say helping her stand. What the fuck are you doing?
"Pills,I" she tries forming a sentence but fails. I walk over to her bed carrying her with me, she follows without protesting. I lay back on the bed and I drag her with me, she lies on my chest and my fricking hands moves to her hair soothing it. I probably smell like liquor and cigarette. She inhaled deeply, I know what we are doing right now isn't at all means good but I can't move I'm too tired.

Her panic is now gone replaced with stable breathing and mine slowly goes back to normal.
"Brent" she says tiredly.
"Shhhh" I shush her. Shit.
"But you have to-" I know what's she's going to say but I'm too tired to respond.
"Shhhh Red Head sleep" I soothe her hair again in one damn night. A few minutes later she falls asleep and so did I.
.........
"Where were you young man?" Mom screeches. I massage my temples trying to decrease my headache. It's four in the morning and I'm returning home. When Phoebe was sound asleep I come out of the house through her bedroom window.
"No where for your damn business" I spit and hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You will not talk to me like that in my own house Brent it's not tolerable" mom shouts back. It's like a battlefield in my mind mixed with the alcohol and my problems.
"Well kick me the fuck out then" I laugh like I give a damn.
"Go to your room" she huffs.
"Don't order me around" I growl.
"Brent stop it" Bri tries to scold me.
"Who the fuck are you trying to scold?!" I snap at her. This alcohol is really playing a number on me.
"I'm your sister" I scoff.

"Whatever" I step pass both of them and into my room. I plop down on my bed and rest my hands underneath my head looking up at the blank celling. I close my eyes for a brief second and the image of Alex touching Phoebe invades my senses and I rush to the bathroom. I vomit up every ounce of alcohol I had last night and wipe my mouth with my jacket....... shit I left my jacket at Phoebe's.

I groan and sit on the floor over the toilet seat. My eyelids became heavy and I drift off. How do people deal with anxiety?

Phoebe's POV

The ray of sun shining on my face wakes me from my slumber and weird nightmare.
I stand from my bed and something crunches underneath my feet. I look down lo and behold my anxiety pills.
Last night was a blur it all happened so fast that I myself can't keep up.
"Come"
A familiar voice in my head say and I look over onto the bed.
Shit.