Chapter Sixteen

Third person's POV
Friday, which was the wedding fatiha. Jasrah was in a bathrobe surrounded by relatives. Some were downstairs with Anty Amina. Children were running about, getting the place messy. What could be said, it was a wedding after all.
She just had her body waxed and had a long soothing bath. Having the chance to ponder and take in everything that's happening.
Today was the day that has been getting her tensed. She was getting her makeup done by a makeup artist Amaya got.
'Amaya and going to different lengths for this wedding'. She thought.
"Salam". Amaya beamed as she got into the room and rushed to Jasrah's side with a large shopping bag.
"Waalaikumsalam". Everyone in the room said in unison.
"Amaryar mu (our bride)".
"Hey when did you get here?". Jasrah asked though not able to tilt her head properly.
"Well since it's two hours before the wedding. I decided why not go get you the surprise i had in mind". Amaya said with a cheeky grin.
"What surprise?".
"Voila". Amaya handed the bag to her making Jasrah let out a gasp. It was a box of jewelry and guess what. A beautiful blue lave sown into a mermaid gown with stone pleated veil. It was beautiful but Jasrah didn't actually have any plan of feeling special today apart from the makeup which she hardly agreed to.
"Thank you so much Amaya". She decided instead of being ungrateful, she should at least let it slide.
"You are welcome habibty. You like them?". Amaya asked.
"They are breathtaking, ma sha Allah".

An hour later Amaya helped Jasrah get dressed and brought out the glimmering  jewelry.
"Wait is this diamond". Jasrah asked with a shocked expression.
"That's for me to know and for you to keep and look beautiful". Amaya winked before placing it around Jasrah's neck.

"Assalamualaikum"

"Assalamualaikum".
They both turned their heads to see Maryam. "Wow ma sha Allah. This bride looks stunning. Hassan is very lucky. May you both live happily forever". Maryam squealed.
"Ameen". They all said in unison.
"Well i need to head home. We've got just an hour left. Bye". Amaya said rushing out of the room leaving both Jasrah and Maryam.
"Yauwa Jasrah, I've been meaning to ask you". Maryam said.
"What about?".
"Well i was wondering why your friends still haven't shown up. Your kayan lefe was brought in yesterday but none of your friends were present, even today which is a big day". Maryam asked with a confused look plastered on her face.
The room went dead silent before Jasrah spoke up, her voice cracking.
"I don't have any sort of friends. I've been all alone since after high school. I lost contacts with everyone i knew in school. Anty Amina and Asiya are the only females i could talk with before meeting Amaya and you all".
"Ohh, I'm sorry for asking. Please don't let those tears drop or you ruin your makeup". Jasrah let out a sniffle.
"And I'm sorry for the way Anty Amina has been treating you. She's been nonchalant about the whole wedding sef. But you are moving into a nice family and I'm sure Hassan and his family are going to shower you with love".
'If only she knew'. Jasrah thought.
She gave Maryam a smile. Her relatives were unaware the the wedding is more of a compromise than love and Jasrah decided to keep it that way.
"Everyone is waiting downstairs, let's go". Maryam said.

Immediately after Jummat prayer. Ummi rushed in with the news Jasrah has been dreading to hear.
"ALHAMDULILLAH. IT'S OFFICIAL. JASRAH IS NOW HASSAN'S WIFE".
She felt her heart threatening to breakthrough it's ribcage.
Cheers were all over the house. Anty Amina and Asiya were nowhere in sight.

A lone tear escaped her eyes but she did well to clear it before she gets caught. The whole house was filled with chatter and joy from different angles.

It was time to convey the bride. Jasrah was sitted on the floor surrounded by her elderly relatives alongside Amaya. Ummi was to give earful and advises to Jasrah since Anty Amina had no interest whatsoever. BTW Amaya came minutes ago claiming she was also the brides friend and ought to take her to her Husband's house. Jasrah couldn't hold in the tears that were spilling. Not because she was leaving home but because her life was going to change into a new chapter.
Her veil was placed over her head covering her face. Amaya and Maryam were on both sides leading her to a posh Mercedes Benz G75 amg.
Amaya wiggled a car key to Jasrah who looked at her confused. "Well Dad couldn't meet you sooner before the wedding so he asked me to deliver your wedding gift". Amaya beamed. Jasrah still looked at her like a lost puppy from under her veil.
Amaya gave a facepalm before speaking.
"The car is your gift sister in law".
Jasrah couldn't help it but cry again. This time it was out of joy, her father in law was really amazing. The key was handed to the driver as they got into the car.
Maryam adjusted Jasrah's face and veil as the car got alighted and drove off. Journey into a new life.

Jasrah was all alone in a spacious bedroom room. Amaya and Maryam left few minutes ago after consoling Jasrah who kept on sobbing, begging them not to leave. But they had to leave the newly weds together. Speaking of newly weds, Hassan was nowhere to be found. Jasrah hasn't set her eyes on him since she was brought into the room.
She got off the bed and headed to the bathroom to have a bath and change from the heavy clothes she was wearing.
She found all new clothes arranged in the closet, her eyes catching a silky gown that stopped inches above her knees. She got out all dressed up feeling much comfortable, concluding that Hassan wasn't going to show up so she decided not to wait for him.
Her hair was still wet, recalling where she saw a hair dryer. She got it and began drying her hair being unaware of the presence of someone in the room.
"Assalamualaikum". Hassan said knocking on the door to get her attention.
"Waalaikumsalam". Tilting her head, she got frozen. Her eyesballs threatening to fall out their sockets. She rushed and got a veil to cover her hair, feeling uncomfortable with her bare legs in sight. His gaze stuck on her for some seconds before scoffing.
"If you really didn't want me to see you like this. Why are you dressed this way?". He held an annoyed look.
"I-I didn't k-know you were going to show up". She stuttered, her head facing the floor.
"And why shouldn't i? We just got married and it's our first night together".
His statement sending shivers down her body.
"Have you prayed?". He asked.
"I was just about to".
"Okay then, wear something else. Let's pray". He ordered.
Jasrah got a simple light abaya and wrapped it's veil securely around her head.
Hassan taking the lead, they prayed two rakaats and got done with the necessary supplications before Hassan spoke up.
"I thought of giving you a tour round the house but it's late already. You must be tired. We might as well do that tomorrow".
Jasrah gave a nod in agreement. As much as she wanted to see the beauty of the house, she was tired and needed sleep.
"Well then, Goodnight. If you need anything, my room is just by the left on the far end". Hassan said, getting up to leave.
"Okay". She said more like a whisper but enough to be heard.
She got lonely again, she was used to being lonely but this was different. The room was so large with a king sized bed. Everything was bigger than what she had in her room back at home.
She sprawled herself on the bed, starting a new set of tears..

Wayyo Jasrah has married my Hassan 😭😭😭😭💔💔
We'll i might as well just keep calm and be his second wife 😂💃🏻
What do y'all think?
Drop comments please
Vote
Share
Follow 🙃

Y'all should read this book by ashobie named Dilemma of love

XOXO
Ramadan Kareem 🦋💫❤️