Chapter Thirty Four

Jasrah's POV
It's been a week since we got to know that we'll be having a baby.
I called and informed aunty Amina about the great news. Surprisingly enough she was overwhelmed with joy, unlike the aunty Amina i knew.
She as well invited Hassan and I for lunch.

I was tensed, I had no idea how today was going to turn out. Since i got married, today's going to be the first time I step into the house i grew in. Not really knowing what to expect and the thought of that made me uneasy.

To top it all, I've been feeling weird since I won't up today. Not because i was going to meet Aunty Amina and Asiya, there was a different reason but i didn't know what it was.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled in an attempt to calm my nerves down. I got ready and offered a du'a before leaving with Hassan.

We arrived minutes later. Seeing the house and the environment hit me with nostalgia.
Hassan noticed my uneasiness as i took slow and emphasized steps towards the main entrance.

"Salam Alaikum". We both said as we got in.
"Waalaikum salam". I heard Asiya's voice before she appeared for the kitchen. She had a not so pleasant look on her face which turned to a bright smile when her gaze fell on Hassan. That made me cringe a little bit.

"Sit down please. Let me go and get mom". She said specifically to Hassan and went back to the kitchen after sending me daggers.

After a few minutes Aunty Amina came to the sitting room with Asiya trailing from behind, holding a tray of juice and water.
"Ahhhh Jasrah, Hassan. You are welcome". Aunty Amina had this grin on her face. It was unbelievable to say the least. She was being all sweet, I couldn't tell if she was faking it or was genuinely happy to see us, me to be precise.

"Good day Aunt". We both squatted and greeted her. I could tell Hassan wasn't really comfortable. I also wasn't but we just had to be there.

Aunty Amina expressed her joy for our baby and was acting like the mom I never had. Asiya excused herself a while ago after all her attempts for my husband to notice her which went all in vain.

I helped Aunty Amina clear the table and was in the kitchen when she joined me, leaving just Hassan in the sitting room.

"Look how you've changed. You are even glowing. I can tell you are enjoying alot as expected since you are married into a rich family". Aunty Amina said. The real Aunty Amina spoke not the one that was acting in front of Hassan.

I turned to look at her and she had this fake smile. It was so unbelievable.
"Since you got married you didnt even bother to come visit. Didn't hear or get anything from you".

"Get?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"And what would be my reason to visit when I know I wouldn't be welcomed. Don't act as if you need my presence". My hormones starting to get the best of me. I got annoyed swiftly.

"You are married to a rich man. Can't you atleast send some money once in a while? I thought you were sensible".

The words i heard froze me. Everything became clear.

"Now i get it. Everything was all an act. Inviting us here was all an act just so my Husband gives you money?"

She looked at me with a scowl.
"Anyway thanks for inviting us over and for the well wishes. I think this is our cue to leave". I walked out of the kitchen.

Jasrah|✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें