Chapter Twenty Eight

Hey loves
I wanted to drop an update on the day of Eid but i couldn't make it happen 🥺😭.
Nonetheless, new chapter and Eid Mubarak in arrears❤️❤️🎉

Jasrah's POV
"I love you Jas". I thought i misheard him till i saw the sincerity in his eyes.

I involuntarily walked towards him and knelt in from of him, i could already feel the tears cascading down my cheeks.
"Say it again". I cried but I needed to hear it again just to be sure i wasn't hallucinating.

"I love you". He said, cupping my cheeks and almost crying himself.
I wanted to say it back but I couldn't bring myself to. My voice got stuck up inside. Emotions getting the best of me, i embraced him and cried on his chest. Even without saying anything, he must have gotten a clue of how happy i was.

After minutes of being in each others arm. I heard my tummy grumble and that was when i realized i didn't eat at all.
Hoping i was the only one that heard it, i heard Hassan let out a chuckle.

"Come on, let's go out and eat". He said as we let go of each other.
"Or I could prepare something real quick for us. We really don't need to go out". I said.

"No Jas, that would be stressful. I insist".
"I insist as well. Please let me do it". I said with a pout which made him give up.
"Alright but I'll only let you prepare lunch now if you agree to a dinner date later". He said with a smirk.

"Agreed". With that I headed to the kitchen and Hassan followed suit.

"What are you doing?"

"Help you cook of course. What else do you think I'm doing?" He said juggling with the greens on the counter.

"Okay then". A large mischievous grin appeared on my face.
"Why are you smiling like that? It's creepy. What's going on in your mind?" He looked at me suspiciously.

"Nothing, just chop this onion". I chuckled.

He rolled the sleeves of his shirt up and was about to loosen his tie but i beat him up to it.
"Here, let me help you". I smiled shyly and removed his tie. I could feel him staring at me intently making my palms get moist.
I decided to move away just so i wouldn't lose balance but he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me against his chest.
His heart was racing rapidly and i unconsciously placed my hand over his chest which made him take a deep breath.
"It's racing for you baby". He said, looking down at me. His voice low and much more masculine, sending a jolt of electricity in every part of my body.
Let's not ignore the fact that he called me 'Baby' instead of 'Jas'.

Looking him straight in the eyes i could see a whole lot of emotions.
"I love you baby". He whispered in my ears and that caught me off guard.

"I l..lov...love ....". I wanted to say it back but i was stammering so badly so I decided to save myself from embarrassment.
"You love?" He asked softly in my ears.

"Food". Before i could stop myself, i said the stupidest thing ever.
Which made his laugh out loud. "I know baby. You love food".

I turned away from him because of embarrassment. I just wanted the ground to open so it could swallow me.

"I'm hungry and we've not prepared anything yet. Cmon chop the onions please".