Chapter Thirteen

Jasrah's POV
It was two days to my wedding. Everything seemed so in a haste. A day after tomorrow, i would be Hassan's wife. I felt like a heavy weight has been placed on my head but Amaya and Anty Laila have been trying to make me feel at ease within the past few days.
Any girl would wish to have a mother in law  like Anty Laila but the problem is getting married to the kind of grouchy son she has.

His dad was easy going as Anty Laila and meeting him turned out well. He was like a father figure to me.
For once, i felt at home. It still baffles me as to how Hassan is so cold and grumpy.

I was in deep thought when my door swung open with Amaya coming in with stack of clothes in her hands.
And by the way, Amaya has been here much more frequently and we have bonded surprisingly much over the days.
I gave her a confused look.
"Get up". She ordered dropping the clothes on my bed and that caused me to whine.
"Amaya my energy is drained".
"Keh, get up". Once again she ordered.
"We don't have much time". She continued. "In two days time you would be someone's wife". She exclaimed wiggling her eyebrows and i gave her a forced smile. "So quit acting like a baby and get up". She concluded pulling me by the arm as i dragged myself out of bed.
"Go and try these, let's see which one fits". She said excitedly handing me the clothes.
"Why?". I asked, giving her a suspicious look.
"Just gooo". Pushing me to the closet with a giggle.

"Wow". I exclaimed looking at all the three similar abayas in different colors.

We came to a conclusion after trying all of them. It was a purple one with stone works from the neck to the waist with a lace for the waist to give a free flow downwards. Pretty was an understatement.
"So where are we going and why am i getting this makeup?". I asked Amaya who was busy with my face.
"Keep quiet, you'll ruin the makeup". She said and began humming to a song before speaking up again.
"We are having a ladies day out. Since you didn't agree to bridal shower or any other event except wedding fatiha". She said with a pout and continued. "So we decided we could go out and have fun".
"Wait, who are the we?". I asked emphasizing on the 'we'.

"Oh yknow, me and my cousins which you are yet to meet". She chirped.
I felt a certain uneasiness about the whole thing. Me wearing a makeup, hanging out with other ladies that I'm yet to know.

"And voila, your makeup is done". Amaya exclaimed joyfully turning me towards the direction of the mirror.
"Woahhhhh!". I was in utter shock. I saw a different person in the mirror looking straight at me.
"Is this me?". I asked, scanning my face in disbelief. I looked much more mature and beautiful. Amaya really worked her charms on my face.
"Thank you". I said pulling her in for a hug.
"You welcome. And hey don't let those tears drop or you gonna ruin your face". She said causing me to sniffing and hold in the tears.
"I'm just so tensed and nervous about everything". I confessed and Amaya gave me and understanding look.

"Here, sit down". Leading me to sit before she began speaking. "I know this wedding seems more like a compromise and also in a haste. But Jas, good thing don't happen without paying a price for it. I know you don't have any special feeling for my brother nor have you gotten to understand him and maybe same applies to him. But i promise you, both of you will come to understand each other.
I never wanted to marry Farouq but with time we bonded well and now it's a beautiful love. Sabr (patience) Jas.
That's all i ask from you".

I let out an 'okay'.
" So shall we?". The cheerful Amaya was back.
"Sure". I said with a nod.
I felt a bit of relief wash over me. Amaya was more of a sister than a friend and a little part of me was glad to have her as a sister in law.
"So where are we going to?". I asked as we got into the car.
"Shush, it's a surprise". Amaya said and motioned to the driver to take us to 'the spot'.

We came to a halt and Amaya helped me step out. Amaya being Amaya had to put me in a blind fold.
"Is this really necessary?". I whined.
"Oh yes it is, it's going to be fun. I'm already having fun. Enjoy everything while it lasts because when you become a mom. I tell you. You'll miss all these". She stated.
I let out a groan to hide the blush threatening to form on my face.
Amaya kept on ranting as we walked carefully. I could sense we got into a building and into an elevator.
"This is it". Amaya giggled. You could swear she was a teenager and not a mother to a five year old.
I heard faint mumbles surrounding me as Amaya tried loosening the blindfold. I never knew i was this patient but it was starting to wear off.
The blindfold was off but I was still surrounded by darkness before everywhere light up with a loud 'surprise' from Amaya and other ladies i was yet to know.
I was in awe at what was in front of me. We were at a beauty parlor, decorated bridal style with a large banner 'latest bride' written on it.
Amaya was so unbelievable. She still went ahead with the bridal shower. I gave her a slight glare earning a smirk from her.
'Real mature Amaya'.
It was so beautiful, i was so out of words looking at all the ladies looking at me with wide grins.
"C'mon, let me introduce you to everyone". Pulling me with her.
They were seven, four were relatives and three were Amaya's friends.
I wasn't comfortable about the whole getting married to Hassan but i was very much happy about this surprise and i honestly felt like the bride i should be. So i let myself to be pampered just as it was planned.
We got a spa and later had our henna done. I didn't plan on having a henna done for my wedding but i couldn't say no to the girls and it was done beautifully. The girls were really sweet and we got along well.
It was evening by the time we were done and were ready to head home.
"Jas". I heard Amaya call out for me.
"Yeah?". I asked.
"Hassan just called and he offered taking you home while i follow Rukayya home". Rukayya was one of Amaya's cousin.
I felt uneasy with the idea but couldn't say no. The girls gave a shrieking scream.
"Ya Hassan's eyes are going to pop out the moment he sees how beauty Jasrah looks today". Rukayya said, giggling. Making the girls laugh.
"Ladies let's be going, Hassan is here ". Amaya said and we all left saying our goodbyes. Amaya went ahead with Rukayya and i approached where Hassan was parked.
Hassan stepped out of the car and i felt unfamiliar goosebumps rising up my skin. I could feel his stare digging into me with my head looking at the floor......

XOXO

Dripped_finesse17 ❤️