Helping Hellhounds

"Where am I?" I groaned upon waking up. I was on a hard cot and the room had flickering fluorescent lights. A familiar canine shape lay on the floor next to my cot and I saw others around the room. Nathaniel was by the door, wearing clothes as well as a worried expression . My head was pounding and the scrapes along my arms and legs stung like hellfire. I sat up and gasped in pain, feeling tears fill my eyes and drip down my cheeks.

"Whoa slow down there tiger, you just activated and you need to feed. Your energy is drained from choosing to tango with a devil. Take your pick so we can get moving." Nathaniel informed me, walking over to grab my shoulder in a comforting manner. "But I don't know how to feed?" I said, looking up at him in confusion. Nathaniel laughed and crouched down to be eye level with me.

"You're hungry, your instincts will tell you what to do." He said, and leaned towards my face slowly. Jaz...Or should I say Jared jumped to his doggy paws and pushed Nathaniel back forcible. "Damn Jared, if you wanted to do it you should've told me! ....Fine. I'm going you don't have to tell me again." Nathaniel grumbled before standing up straight and walking away, not even sparing me a glance.

Jared padded away from me and left the room, leaving me with a pack of unknown hellhounds and throbbing pain. Hunger ripped through my chest as though it was a live animal rampaging the streets. I closed my eyes tightly, fighting the urge to get up and suck someone's entire life out of them. A warm hand settled on my arm and I peeled my eyes open. Jared was crouched in front of my wearing a tight shirt and jeans that hung low on his hips. A wave of lust hit me and I nearly jumped him right then and there. I reached up and cupped his face with my hands before pulling his face towards mine. Feeling the pulsing energy just beneath his skin, calling to me.

The energy flowed into me as though I were drinking water, filling me with strength. Fire burned beneath my skin, urging me to take more. My hands left his face and trailed down his chest quickly. I felt his hands tighten on my hips in response. A smile curled my lips and I slipped my hands under his shirt, lifting it slowly. I bit down lightly on his bottom lip and felt a fresh wave of pure energy curse into me. Within seconds I had pulled off his shirt and thrown it, unable to keep my hands still. "Um, Jared there's an emergency." Rico coughed out, allowing reality to come crashing back to me. With a startled gasp I shoved myself away from Jared with vigor.

"What is it?" Jared ground out through clenched teeth, his eyes never leaving mine. My face flushed red as I looked away nervously. He didn't look drained like Sam had so I took that as a good sign. I on the other hand felt brand new, my injuries were completely healed and I felt stronger than I ever had before. Rico gave me a sly look before turning back to Jared. "We have a vampire circling the building, attempting to break inside." Rico reported, but it was too little too late as the door burst open.

Growls filled the room and my pack of about eighteen hellhounds jumped to protect me. Of course the vampire was familiar and important. "Colton? You're a bit late to do the whole saving me thing." I said, pushing past Jared and Rico with poise and grace. My movements flowed like water and I prowled forward like a wild cat. "Back away Aspen, he's dangerous." Jared growled at me, trying to grab my arm and pull me behind him.

"You've activated." Colton stated while watching me move closer intently. I weaved between the shifted hellhounds with surprising ease and focused on the pulsing light underneath Colton's skin. "I guess." I murmured absently, tilting my head to observe the vampire.

"Aspen." Nathaniel called out to me in warning as I neared Colton. I glanced back and flashed a smile to calm him. "You got his hounds to turn on him and change their loyalties?" Colton asked in disbelief, shooting the hellhounds weary glances.

"Yes, because loyalty is earned not owned." I answered lightly, now close enough to reach out and touch him. The glow beneath his skin was strong, much stronger than Sam's had been. It made me hungry. I felt different, changed. As though I had grown a bit taller, developed more muscle definiton, and well had my "assets" enlarged. It was strange and empowering all at once. "Well, we need to get out of here...now. Sam's on his way and he's furious. Not only did you get away but you took all of his backup. All he has is Layla, vicious witch that she is." Colton announced, before his hand darted out and grabbed my wrist tightly.

"Witch? Oh that's just peachy! What's next the four horsemen?" I laughed bitterly and glared down at his hand in disgust. Everything about this situation was just so old-fashioned and sexist. I was being treated as if I was too weak and unable to fight my own battle. I felt as though I were some delicate object that everyone around me wanted to protect or use to get ahead.

"Come on, I know a safe place we can go to but we have to leave now." Colton pressed, before pulling me closer by his grip on my wrist. I fought back an animalistic growl of anger and settled for scowling. I was stronger, much stronger than anyone in the room. I didn't need protecting. "Let's go then, Vampire." Jared snarled from behind me, willing to compromise as long as I was kept under lock and key. Two warm hands enclosed my upper arms and tugged me back against a warm chest, familiar energy identified my handler as Jared. Colton looked ready to yank me from the hellhound's grasp and I snapped.

"Stop manhandling me, you stupid men!" I exploded, prying myself from both of their grips. I stomped away from them angrily and felt the tension in the room intensified. Colton and Jared were having some stupid pissing contest over me and I was fed up. Neither of them held any claim over me and I was going to clarify that for them. "What the hell gives you two permission to be possessive of me?" I snarl out, feeling my anger radiate throughout the room.

"You're mine!" They both snapped at the same time, then glared at each other. Suddenly it hit me, if I fed on someone they became connected to me for at least a short period of time. That meant Sam could track me, right now. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever boys, let's just get as far away from here as we can as fast as we can." I muttered ardently, my mind already elsewhere. By now Sam was probably minutes away and filled with vengeance. Within moments of me agreeing to leave I was packed up into a large soccer mom van and sandwiched between Colton and Jared. The same smart ass driver from my second abduction was back too. Well this was going to be one long drive. And one extremely long night that I wouldn't be able to forget.