chapter 3: Challenge

Y/n: It..It hurts...

I groaned, slowly emerging from the ground.

Coming into my view, all my servants in front of me had bruises and were struggling to even stand up.

Mash: senpai we need to retreat!

The enormous enemy stared at us. It was shaped like a huge rock with a giant eyeball, it's color was dark and its texture looked soft and hard as it was alive. The enemy almost looked like the Illuminati except it wasn't pyramid shaped.

Mash: Since it can't move because of its heavy body we'll be able to fall back and think about how to defeat it!

My fist clenched as I grit my teeth.

Y/n: we were so close..

Mash: senpai!!

Y/n: tch....Lets retreat mash

As hard as it was to admit defeat we had to approach it in an entirely different way.

After retreating, we gathered faraway in a forest thinking about our plan.

Mash: As we need the grail to finish the singularity, lets talk about how to defeat our enemy as defeating it gets us our grail.

I nodded my head as she began her analyzation.

Mash: Based on my analysis. This type of enemy is a stand-by enemy, meaning that It can't move, but solely because of that reason It's powerful.

Salter stood there her arms crossed. Jeanne listened intently as Jalter was sitting across from her with a foul mood.

Mash: The most powerful ability it has is that the more closer we get to it, the more weaker our mana gets. This enemy is the type to drain our mana, which is the main source of our power...

Mash: This is the strongest enemy we've encountered so far... At some point there's a limit to how much mana it can absorb and release its powers back on to us which heavily damages us. To make things worse, the more power we use against it the more faster it will absorb the mana and use against us.

Jalter: tch, only if we had a servant that can attack from long range.

Mash: that is impossible as we cannot do summons since we've already done it recently. And even if we could, who knows if its gonna be a long range servant?

Everyone's mood lowered as defeating this enemy was almost going to be impossible.

Jeanne: or maybe if we had a servant that can drain mana... we're all short range servants so the moment we come close to it, its immediately going to absorb our mana.

Salter: even though our master supplies us with a whole lot of mana, it still becomes useless.

I sat down thinking for a moment.

No matter how strong something is everyone has their weaknesses.

C'mon think!

A lot of mana..... limit....weakness...

I gasped.

Y/n: I think I've got an idea.

Mash: senpai?

Y/n: Its not that the enemy is strong. what we're missing are requirements.

Jalter: oh yeah? and what is that requirement?

Y/n: You'll see, in a situation like this if we can't find any solutions then we'll just have to create one ourselves.

I smirked