chapter 8: Dancing in the moonlight

???: Well then, let's dance Master.

Y/n: Dance?

???: D-a-n-c-e! We're dancing.

???: That thing you did with the stupid king before going into battle.

She spoke with an irritated expression on her face.

???: It's unfair, isn't it? or what is it? You'll dance with a king but you won't dance with a country girl?

Her expression saddened with a tint of jealousy.

Y/n: o-of course not! Can you do it?

???: Can you do it, you say?

She held her hands in front of me looking the other way.

???: T-then here, you lead me.

I gladly accepted her invitation and linked hands, holding her close.

???: Good grief, you cant even take a hint. W-Wait aren't we a bit too close? Don't sniff my breath, pervert.

Y/n: This is the way to do it you know.

???: This is normal when you're dancing?....ugh.....I got it....

Starting slowly, we danced throughout the room, the night moon glimmering in the background. Our movement swayed  back and forth and started being in sync.

Her expression as time went by seemed to change as she slowly got the hang of it.

Now both enjoying the moment, she expressed a geuine smile as we twirl within the room.

Stopping, we both look at each other, letting out small pants in order to catch our breath.

???: Okay, now I'm the same as her. Serves her right.

Y/n: Are you competing against her?

???: Dancing to compete against her, you say? You're stupid, I'm just dancing because I want to dance of course.

She looks at me with a slightly irritated gaze.

???: What is that satisfied face? I'll burn you down.

Signing, she takes a step back as I see small white particles appearing around her.

???: Mm, I guess this is it. I'm satisfied now, I'm about to disappear as well.

She gives me an intent stare.

???: .....

???: Well then, goodbye. I'll practice a bit more for the next time we meet.

???: So you should as well----

Disappearing, now with only white particles remaining, not understanding this feeling, I could only stare at where she once was. I look over the city, vowing to see her again.

As that was her last dance, waltzing in the moonlight...

Tears.

As I find myself awaken I felt tears falling through my cheeks

Y/n: That girl in my dreams...

Yes, that person who was there for me.

That person who I last saw.

The girl with pale complexion, yellow eyes, long white-blond hair wearing an elegant dress.

"Jalter.."

END OF CHAPTER

A/n: Yes, the dialogue from the game was used for this chapter with added dialogues from myself. Thank you for the support and sorry for the delay!
Be prepared for the next chapter!

( picture below and line was my fav moment to imagine as I wrote it)

Line 18: Now both enjoying the moment, her genuine smile showing brightly we twirl within the room

Line 18:
Now both enjoying the moment, her genuine smile showing brightly we twirl within the room.