Chapter 9

Carter's POV

Sad to say but I cried myself to sleep. I heard the door open and I heard giggling when my parents came home.

I got out of bed to look at myself in the mirror and realized I looked like shit. I jump back in bed in the pile of ruffled and snotty tissues and just laid there looking up through the glass with the orange-bluish sky.

It was comforting to just watch the sun set.

They said they'd be back in the morning but it's literally dinner time. It's fine actually because I would've looked even more dead in the morning. I'm sure they had the time of their lives.

"Carter honey? We're home," I didn't respond.
I tried to play sleep and prayed they bought it.

"Shh Melissa you don't want to wake her up." My dad said. I heard their foot steps trail off and quietly walked around my room picking up trash.

As shitty as I felt, I did not want to be in a shitty room. I cleaned up and tip toed back into my bed. As far as I'm concerned, I need as much rest as possible because Sunday is where I really need to be at my top.

<><><><><><><>

My alarm went off and I rolled out of bed... literally. I groaned in pain and got up. 5am in the morning and I'm going to enjoy watching the sun rise as I practice my pieces. I loved practicing in the morning around this time because it's revitalizing to my mind. No drug, no substance could ever be more uplifting than watching the sun rise in such a peaceful state of mind. I adored it.

I didn't realize it's been a few hours and my stomach growled. I think a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch would serve justice but the moment I opened my door, I nearly drooled at the smell of food.

I zombied down the steps and made way to the kitchen and saw my mom and dad cooking together.

It was cute... it would be cuter if it was a gay couple but this is beautiful enough as it is.

"Good m- whoah there sport." My dad halted me, my mom looked up from slicing blueberries and her mouth dropped.

"Go clean up, have mercy Carter, I bet that thud earlier was you rolling out of bed." My parents laughed. I fiddled my thumbs in embarrassment.

"Sorry to wake you," I mumbled apologetically.

My dad kissed the top of my head, "just get cleaned up and look a little snazzy so your mom can approve your worthiness of eating her blueberry pancakes."

That was all I needed to hear.

I ran to the bathroom with sound of laughter from behind me. I turned on the hot water and I ran back out, up the stairs and back down with my robe. Hot water really did hit right for me.

I thought about what outfit I should wear but I didn't care. Not sure who I'm going to rehearsals and impress.

Surely not Eleanora...

I shook my head at the horrible memory of Eleanora the other day. I replayed it so many times in my head, I can't even cry about it now. She was so upset.

I shut the water off and went into my curly hair routine, which In fact didn't take long thanks my handy dandy diffuser. I picked out my curls to get some volume and I couldn't be more pleased with the results and definition I have.

I scurry out the bathroom after cleaning up everything and brushing my teeth. I ran to the kitchen and zoomed past my parents backs and snagged a cookie from a hot ass pan.