Chapter Sixty-Nine

*second last chapter* ;]

Zara's POV

The following week, Zaid returns to work. Or more like, I force him to go back to work. We've been married for nearly four weeks now, and Zaid just wants to spend every second with me.

He left for work late this morning, after 10am. He had an adorable pout on his face, when I told him he must go. I'm aware that he's the CEO of his company, but still, he needs to work.

Mum and Maryam come over later that morning, so I spend some quality time with them. Me, Aunty and Mum tease Maryam and Hafsa, telling them that we're waiting impatiently for their weddings.

'Yes, Zara! You're right, darling. You and Zaid are married, so we should start looking for a groom for Hafsa now,' Aunty says, winking at me. Hafsa doesn't see her wink, though.

Mum and Maryam chuckle along with us.

"What? I knew it! You all want me to leave this house. If you want me to leave, just say. I'll leave. But I'm not getting married yet," Hafsa answers, upset. She crosses her arms, looking down into her lap.

'Won't you ever get married, Hafsa?' Aunty asks her, eyes widened.

Hafsa shrugs. "Don't know, don't care. I'm not getting married anytime soon. At least until I have my degree."

I hug Hafsa, smiling. 'Shh. Don't worry, baby. We don't want to get rid of you. If it was up to me, I'd keep you with me forever,' I say truthfully.

Everyone smiles at us as Hafsa hugs me back. "I'm staying here, at least until I play to my heart's content with my nieces and nephews. So hurry up, Zara."

My cheeks turn bright scarlet, and I shake my head at her craziness. 'Hafsa!' Thank God Dad and Uncle aren't here! And Zaid, too. He'd whisper to me, that we must start 'practicing' then. Crazy people.

"Hafsa's right, sweetheart! I can't wait to see my grandchildren!" Aunty says, grinning at me.

'Yes, although I know.. when you have a baby, that child will be the most stubborn in the entire world. But also the most beautiful,' Mum says, smiling.

I feel the heat of my face, and I shake my head. "You're all crazy! I'll go and get some snacks," I say, excusing myself and exiting the living room.

I go into the kitchen and start to make some pakoras. I really wanted some today, since this morning. Mum, Hafsa, Maryam, Aunty.. they've all gone mad! I can't believe them.

I fry some pakoras and take them to the living room. Everyone loves them. They're delicious. I could eat my body weight in them.

Just kidding.

They're good, though.

Maryam and Mum have lunch with us a couple hours later, and then we all set off for the mall. Me and Hafsa needed to buy a few items, so they decided to come along with us.

********

Two and a half hours later, we're done shopping. I have no idea how we didn't spend the whole day in the mall, but we're all holding several shopping bags.

I've bought a bunch of makeup, a large, fluffy oversized grey jumper which'll be perfect for winter in a few months, and a pair of black boots which reach my knees. They're super comfy and warm.

I've also bought a navy, fitted button-up shirt for Zaid, and his favourite Armani perfume.

After drinking some tea or coffee at Starbucks (I have a double chocolate chip Frappuccino), we head home. Maryam and Mum go home, while me, Hafsa and Aunty head back to our apartment.