Chapter Eighteen

Zara's POV

The week has passed, and I am actually feeling happier than I have in a long time. It is now Sunday evening, and Hafsa's family are here at my home. They're very surprised, but happy, of course, about my decision to get married soon. I'm guessing Hafsa told them, because I talked to her about my decision on Friday.

I told my parents and Maryam about the decision I've made the day after I told Zaid. My parents also were very surprised, but they're very happy. They're happy that I'm finally moving on and forgetting about the past. I actually feel happy too, and I honestly believe that I have made the right decision. I won't be getting married just yet, maybe after a few months. Whenever I receive a good proposal which me and my family like.

'Babe, I can't believe it! I'm so happy!' Hafsa says, hugging me for the fifth time this evening.

I chuckle. "I'm happy too, Hafsa. Now you hurry up too! I want to enjoy your wedding too, don't I?!"

She laughs. 'Zara, we're enjoying your wedding fully first. Then mine! I can't believe it! Mum, I'm so happy!' She hugs Aunty now. I smile.

"Zara, dear. Honestly, we're very happy when Hafsa told us about your decision. You deserve the absolute best in life, you deserve the best in everything!" Aunty says, hugging me next and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I smile. 'Aunty, thank you so much!'

My parents look so happy right now, and this makes me even happier. I want nothing more than to make my parents proud and happy. They're the best parents in the whole world.

"Zara, you will definitely make the most beautiful bride, dear. Your husband will be very lucky!" Aunty says, grinning.

I chuckle lightly. 'Aunty, you're too sweet.' I'm blushing like crazy. She said that in front of everyone!

"Aww, Mum, Zaid bhai! Look at her, she's blushing already! Zara, I love you so much! You're the cutest! If you're blushing so much now, what's gonna happen on your-" Hafsa bursts out laughing, making me blush an even deeper shade of scarlet.

She's such a crazy girl! She has no shame at all. She said that in front of my parents, her parents and her brother! Thankfully though, Dad and Uncle are now engrossed in their own conversation, which is also about my marriage. It's crazy how happy everyone is for me, even before I've met my future husband! I love all these people so, so much. They're all amazing.

'Hafsa, shut up! You're so crazy!' I say, flushing.

She smirks. "Zara, you're like a sister to me. So your husband will be my brother-in-law. I can imagine my bro-in-law on your wedding day, he will lose it completely when he sees you! Oh god, I can't wait for your wedding! It's gonna be so much fun! She's gonna look beautiful, right, bhai?" She asks her brother. She's so crazy!

'Yes, she will look beautiful,' Zaid says, staring at me. I'm sure my face is as red as a freaking tomato right now. He looks kind of annoyed, though.

"Thanks," I say, giving him a small smile. He nods.

'What colour do you want to wear on your wedding day, dear?' Aunty asks me, smiling.

I chuckle. "Aunty, my wedding hasn't been fixed yet. I don't even know who I will marry yet."

'Dear, I'm sure it will be fixed very soon. Tell me,' she smiles.

"Red," I tell her. I definitely want to wear red on my Rukhsati. The Nikah is usually on the same day, so yes, I want to wear red that day. It's traditional, and it's the best colour for a bride in my opinion. All brides look so beautiful wearing red.