20 - Kill

🎵CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK🎵

Snow

What remained of the aconite petals fell like dust from her hands. The gray ashes only left a pinkish tint on her skin. She felt coursing electricity underneath her palm, a lightning bolt drawn to metal.

A luminescent outline, like moonlight, framed the Rogue. Snow could see through him. Her eyes were not drawn to its fur, nor its teeth with dripping crimson, she saw its heart. It beats a rhythmic drum as she walked towards it.

The rogue felt her energy as he lowered his head in submission to her.

"Margaux," her voice echoed a basal tone. She felt her chest vibrate.

Her sister's face was flooded with blood, a dark, almost brown shade. She held a hand to her forehead where a laceration separated the bush of her eyebrows. The site made Snow rage in heat.

"Take Clara inside," Upon her command, Margaux scrambled up her feet.

Torryn escorted Margaux as she found a small patch beneath the tall grass. Her sister dragged the blood drenched Clara, pulling her up against Torryn's back.

The Rogue saw Clara and immediately huffed the smell of iron. The Rogue had its eyes towards them as he growled.

"It's me you seek,"

Snow's voice was like ripples of sunshine piercing the dark of night. She spoke every word, clear and strong like how she'd speak if she was brave enough. The rogue heard her as yellow eyes as bright as the midday sun faced her once more.

Snow's arms began to yield her power. From her periphery, she saw the alphas, Everett and Magnus prowled beside her. They had their heads lowered down their spine. Their shoulders arched a graceful curve with every step they took. She too saw the outline of their hearts, souls she desired to reap.

If she were to unleash her void, the Rogue would surely perish. But all of the wolves present would follow the same fate.

She licked her lips warm, suppressing the pull of her void for Snow knew it did not choose the souls to reap. She just wanted more, whatever life that breathed through their lungs. She hungered for it, a glutton, a bottomless pit of insatiable hunger. Snow suppressed it as best as she could, the white flames flowed from her hands up, now reaching out to her shoulders as her hunger grew. She clenched her fists, gritting her teeth, as sanity suppressed the beast within her.

But one more look at the Rogue, its beating heart made Snow weak. She could not help but gape her lips. She wanted to devour him, suck his bones dry. She wanted to devour them all.

"Leave, all of you!"

Celeste came running through the doors of the mansion. She was still in her nightgown, the lacy robe revealed so much under the moonlight. But it was her beating heart she saw. A crowd of distraught eyes followed behind her as the wolves woke from their sleep.