3- Obedience

Snow

Waiting.

It bore a tunnel in her heart where nothing but roots of anxiety and anticipation grew. She rubbed her palms warm failing to suppress the trembling limbs. Lightning preceded the thunder. The window in the alpha's chambers flashed a piercing white against the darkness.

Quickly, Snow clasped both ears, shielding the roar of the sky. Thunder terrified her. At that particular moment, everything seemed to terrify her, there was the storm, then her new home. Even the corners of the spacious room where light from the salt lamps did not reach made her fear the silent eyes watching her from beneath the black abyss.

Finally, she sighed a helpless mewl, as her wedding night came. Still, she was unsure what she feared more. The unknown made her stomach churn.

The Burnwood alpha chose her. And up to this point, she had no idea why. She failed to go through with the task. It wasn't until she heard the sound of horses and wood crackle of carriage wheels against stone, that her mind finally surrendered. 

Her sisters were escorted back to the carriages with no time to waste. She could not stomach the conditions they were put through going home in the middle of a storm.

The four, including her ecstatic father were escorted as she was urged to his alpha's chambers. No goodbyes were exchanged as she was led to a bathroom where her skin was scrubbed clean. She could feel the skin on her arms sting. It was as if they were stripping whoever she was off.

Her new handmaids braided her hair. The dark curly locks rebelled at their new form, leaving strands of loose waves down her neck. Her lips were brushed with rouge. The pigment made her look more alive. More pink stain was rubbed on the peaks of her breasts. She was embarrassed to expose the stiff mounds.

Lavender oil adorned the corners of her jaw bone marking where the alpha's canines will be. Without a single covering to ease her from the cold, she was tasked to sit and wait on the alpha's bed. It was big enough to fit a three wolves. This made her feel even more isolated. She patiently sat at the center bringing the thick soft blanket to warm her chest.

Another pang of thunder distracted her from her thoughts as her hands trembled beside her temples. Her eyelids now closed shut.

She could not bear any more of this. Her eyes started to tear up.

"Does the thunder bother you, little bird?"

The familiar scent woke ever fiber of Snow's body as she intently listened to his voice. His voice rasped, breathy, and almost honeyed made every inch of her body tingle. There he stood before the bed, still in his ripped dark trousers with a knee propped on the elevated mattress.

Snow failed to answer as her gaze stuck at the curves of his shoulders, the sharp edges of his jaw down to the veins on his arms. She looked away as she took a glimpse of the furrows below his stomach where his manhood hid.

She heard a chuckle as the alpha shook his head.

"Answer me, when I talk to you." This time his voice felt enraged.

Snow managed a nod and affirmed her alpha's orders.

"Yes, alpha."

"Good, little bird." The nickname made her skin warm. She held the thick blanket still on her chest concealing the stiff mounds from his vision. Then, without warning, she felt the fabric tug from her fingers. Trembling, her hands failed her as the blanket now lay below her folded knees. All she was hiding now served in front of him to see.